Online Resources to Support Coordinated School Health Programs
- Whole School, Whole Child, Whole Community
- Adolescent and School Health
- CDC - Division of Adolescent and School Health seeks to prevent the most serious health risk behaviors among children, adolescents, and young adults.
- The School Health Index (SHI) Self-Assessment & Planning Guide was developed by CDC in partnership with school administrators and staff, school health experts, parents, and national nongovernmental health and education agencies for the purpose of
- enabling schools to identify strengths and weaknesses of health and safety policies and programs,
- enabling schools to develop an action plan for improving student health, which can be incorporated into the School Improvement Plan, and
- engaging teachers, parents, students, and the community in promoting health-enhancing behaviors and better health.
- CDC National Funded Partners
CDC's Division of Adolescent and School Health (DASH) supports 23 national nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) to provide capacity-building assistance to education agencies, health agencies, community-based organizations, institutions of higher education, organizations that serve youth and parents, organizations that serve youth at high risk for HIV infection, and DASH funded NGOs.
- CDC Resources
- Alliance for a Healthier Generation Healthy Schools Program
The Healthy Schools Program recognizes schools that create healthier school environments that promote physical activity and healthy eating among students and staff.
- NASBE's Safe and Healthy Schools Projects
NASBE aims to help policymakers and practitioners create safe, healthy, and nurturing school environments for all of the nation's children and youth.
- DHS Nutrition and Physical Activity Program
- Wisconsin Tobacco Prevention and Control Program