The Youth Suicide Prevention webpage is currently being updated. Check back often to monitor progress. Thank you!
Information on the Peer-to-Peer Suicide Prevention Grant Program is now available.
- Wisconsin-based resources available through crisis text line:
- text “HOPELINE” to 741741 or
- visit the Center for Suicide Awareness to be connected with someone in WI who can help
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Trevor Project: A national organization focused on crisis and suicide prevention efforts among LGBT youth.
- Phone: 1-866-488-7386
- Chat: TrevorChat
- Text: “START” to 678678
School Based Sucide Prevention Gatekeeper Training eCourse
DPI’s Gatekeeper Training Module
An important step in protecting all students from the dangers of suicide is the ability to recognize the warning signs of suicide ideation and take appropriate steps to keep a suicidal student safe. This new, interactive suicide prevention gatekeeper module helps schools and districts train their students and staff. The module takes approximately 20 minutes to complete.