School physical education curriculum, instruction, and assessment involves planning, implementing, and assessing a developmentally appropriate PreK-12 standards-based curriculum that covers critical physical education content, skills, and dispositions.
Physical Education (PE) Standards
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- General Physical Education
- Adaptive Physical Education
- Act 105 – Physical Education Waiver Law
- Concussion Law
- Health and Academics
- Health-Related Fitness Assessments
- Essential Components of Physical Education District Survey
- Disciplinary Literacy in Physical Education
- Wisconsin School Health Award
Resources and Links
- Comprehensive Physical Activity Program
- SHAPE America
- Wisconsin Health and Physical Education
- CDC Physical Education Curriculum Analysis Tool (PECAT)
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services: Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity Program
- National Association for Chronic Disease Directors School Health Publications
- Best Practices in Health and Physical Education Academy 2018
Subscribe to the Physical Education Email List for important information and state updates.
Active Schools: Core 4+ Strategies
Active Schools: Core 4+ is a set of strategies to increase student physical activity and improve academic learning.
K-12 Instructional Videos and PowerPoints
- Active PE Minutes
- Active Classrooms
- Active Recess/Open Gym
- Before and After School
- Home and Community
- Learn What Core 4+ Could Mean for Your School!
- How "Did You Get Your 60?"
- Healthy Schools - CDC
- 101 Tips for Increasing Physical Activity in Schools
- National and State Examples
- School Publications - NACDD