Nita M. Lowey 21st Century Community Learning Center Grant Program
Title IV, Part B, of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
Programing & Enrichment
Career and Technical Education
- Using Xello to Support Career Readiness in After-School Programs Webinar - View this webinar to learn more about Xello, the program Wisconsin students use to help create their Academic and Career Plans (ACP). Doing the recorded webinar, participants will learn about the basics of the program, as well as how to support or get involved in the ACP process. Head to www.xello.world to learn more!
- Supporting Career Readiness in Out-of-School Time (OST) Programs Webinar - Academic and Career Planning doesn't stop when the school bell rings. In many ways, it is the time students spend out of the classroom that can provide some of the richest career readiness experiences! During the first half of this one-hour recorded workshop, program leaders working with youth from grades K-12 will learn about career readiness initiatives in Wisconsin and suggested program activities for all ages.
Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) provides diverse and engaging activities that can be used in OST programs. The activities are designed to align with national academic standards and promote inquiry-based learning.
- Engineering is Elementary - The EiE is a project of the National Center for Technological Literacy and is designed for students in grades 1-8 to develop engineering and technology literacy. A variety of lessons are available for preview and purchase via the website, as well as supportive professional development and educational research.
- Power of Place: Website dedicated to place-based education. Includes resources that support the implementation of place-based education, as well as professional development resources.
- FIELD Edventures: Wisconsin-based organization dedicated to helping educators explore the outdoors, foster inquiry, and engage learners through discovery. Formerly known as Wisconsin Green Schools Network.
- Taking Education Outdoors Toolkit: A collection of resources compiled by the DPI The resources in this toolkit are intended to help schools take learning outside to help address the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic. These resources are not limited to education during the pandemic—taking learning outdoors can be part of providing equitable education during COVID-19 and beyond. The toolkit includes an Instructional Programming section, which lists sources for instructional resources, and an Out-of-School Time section, which lists resources of particular relevance to before and after-school programs. This toolkit is a living document that will be continually updated to reflect additional learning and new resources.
- Big Ideas Across Science, Social Studies, and Environmental Literacy: Crosswalk developed by the DPI that shows the connection between the “big ideas” in Science, Social Studies, and Environmental Education. Useful tool for determining how to design activities that are standards-aligned.
Social and Emotional Learning (SEL)
- DPI’s SEL Curriculum and Alignment Tools Webpage - Maintained by DPI’s Student Services/Prevention and Wellness (SSPW) Team that lists SEL curriculum programs that are evidence-based and aligned with Wisconsin’s SEL competencies.
Project Based Learning