Behavior, Classroom Management, and Discipline
- Answers to Frequently Asked School Discipline Questions provides concise answers with statutory references to common questions the Department of Public Instruction receives about school discipline, including suspension and expulsion.
- Intervention Central offers a wide range of many free tools and resources to help school staff and parents promote positive classroom behaviors and foster effective learning for all children and youth. Included are behavioral intervention strategies, publications on effective teaching practices, and tools that streamline classroom assessment and intervention.
- The Wisconsin Response to Intervention (RtI) Center formed the Wisconsin PBIS Network in 2010 to help Wisconsin Schools use Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) to increase student success. The Wisconsin PBIS Network provides support and technical assistance to CESAs and schools in implementing and sustaining PBIS. The mission of the Wisconsin PBIS Network is to assist Wisconsin schools and districts in establishing and maintaining effective school environments that maximize the academic and behavioral competence of all learners in Wisconsin.
- The Department of Public Instruction’s Special Education Team offers a variety of quality materials related to behavior management in a section dedicated to emotional and behavioral disabilities.
- Worksheetplace.com offers behavior worksheets to improve classroom management.
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) offers a kit with Interventions for Disruptive Behavior Disorders.
- The Supportive School Discipline Communities of Practice (SSDCOP) includes communities of education and justice system leaders dedicated to keeping kids in school and out of court.
- The Department of Public Instruction provides a web page on Discipline, Suspensions, and Expulsions that provides links to information and resources to help schools provide safe learning environments.
For questions about this information, contact Julie Incitti (608) 266-0963