Telephone: (608) 266-1649
The mission of the Division for Learning Support is to provide equitable opportunities and to remove barriers to student success. The Division helps meet the diverse cultural, emotional, social, health, and educational needs of Wisconsin’s youth so each and every student is college and career ready by:
- Providing technical assistance, leadership, advocacy, staff development, training, and education.
- Working with youth, families, districts, schools, CESAs, and other organizations.
- Collaborating with federal, state, regional, and local partners.
- Managing state and federal resources, monitoring and evaluating programs and practices, and facilitating school-district and community efforts to meet the specific needs of students.
The Division for Learning Support includes:
- The Special Education Team provides leadership to improve outcomes and ensure a free appropriate public education for students with IEPs.
- The Student Services, Prevention, and Wellness Team supports all students to feel healthy, safe, supported, engaged, and challenged, and provides resources on mental health, social and emotional learning, and trauma. This includes the four pupil services areas: school counseling, psychology, social work, and nursing.
- The Wisconsin State Schools and Outreach Programs provide direct instruction to students and technical assistance through outreach to districts, schools, communities, and families statewide:
- Wisconsin Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired, Janesville