Especially for Families
Especially for Educators
Provide leadership to improve outcomes and ensure a free appropriate public education for students protected under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
- We believe that supporting a culture of high expectations to promote excellence for all students is best achieved through intentional partnerships.
- We believe educational decisions are made with and by students and their families, supporting students to become experts in their own learning and active participants in determining their future.
- We believe all educational environments should be accessible, inclusive and equitable to achieve social justice.
- We believe that everyone brings valuable perspectives that deserve representation when developing and implementing policies and best practices.
We commit to...
The intentional use of an equity lens while making policy decisions, recommendations, and determining work priorities
- Providing excellent customer service through using a trauma informed care lens if applicable, while empathizing and humanizing families’ experiences navigating the special education systems
- Partnering with stakeholders in an authentic way to ensure lived experience is evident in all we do
- Providing timely, accurate information
- Maximizing human and financial resources to promote equity, high expectations, and positive outcomes for students with IEPs
- Questioning the status quo to bring underlying assumptions to the surface
- Embracing flexibility rather than protecting silos
- Collaborating and networking with intention
- Using asset-based language as evidenced by highlighting successes as well as gaps to illustrate positive student outcomes
- Promoting and modeling socially valued roles across all teachers, families, and educators
- Supporting our teammates