A county or state agency placing a child in a Resdiential Care Center (RCC) must:
- notify the responsible LEA when it anticipates or recommends to a court placing a child in an RCC.
- consider a child's educational needs when selecting an RCC for the child.
- participate in the IEP team evaluation of a child and the development of an IEP. /li>
- notify the responsible LEA when it anticipates removing the child from the RCC.
- develop a reintegration plan in cooperation with the responsible LEA and the RCC for a child leaving an RCC.
- pay all of the RCC-related costs of educating a child while the child resides in the RCC.