A county or state agency placing a child in a Residential Care Center (RCC) must:
- notify the responsible LEA when it anticipates or recommends to a court placing a child in an RCC;
- consider a child's educational needs when selecting an RCC for the child;
- participate in the IEP team evaluation of a child and the development of an IEP;
- notify the responsible LEA when it anticipates removing the child from the RCC;
- develop a reintegration plan in cooperation with the responsible LEA and the RCC for a child leaving an RCC; and
- pay all of the RCC-related costs of educating a child while the child resides in the RCC.