DPI’s integrated monitoring system is sustained at its core by various proactive elements. DPI provides training and technical assistance on a wide variety of topics, including those associated with the 20 indicators in the State Performance Plan (SPP). In addition, IDEA Part B discretionary grants are distributed for statewide systems change initiatives to ensure the greatest impact on the maximum number of children with disabilities in Wisconsin. The department is committed to maintaining statewide grants that are central to themes in IDEA and support the SPP indicators. These initiatives provide valuable information to LEAs, parents, and students with disabilities. The Focused Review of Improvement Indicators (FRII) modules are also available to any district that would like to conduct a voluntary self-assessment of the improvement indicators.
Please see the individual indicator pages below for related training and technical assistance.
Statewide Initiatives: IDEA Part B Discretionary Grants
Other Training Resources:
- Special Education Mediasite Trainings
- Describing Special education, related services, supplementary aids and services, and program modifications and supports in the Program Summary section of a student’s IEP: Recorded Webinar - PowerPoint Presentation
- Creating Agreement
- Wisconsin Personnel Development System
- Autism Training
Other Technical Assistance Resources:
- Information Update Bulletins
- Response to Intervention
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
- State Superintendent's Council on Special Education
- (An Introduction to Special Education) (May 2007) - Introducción a la Educación especial - Nthuav Qhia Txog Kev Kawm Tshwj Xeeb
- Special Education Rights for Parents and Children (required legal notice)
[Avisos de Garantías de Procedimiento / Tsab Ntawv Ceeb Toom Txog Cov Txheej Txheem Tiv Thaiv Kev Ruaj Ntseg]
- Special Education in Plain Language, Updated 2009: A User Friendly Handbook on Special Education Laws, Policies and Practices in Wisconsin.
Interactive Special Education in Plain Language website - Special Education in Plain Language Print Version - Introducción a la Educación especial
This is not a substitute for the legal notice above. The contents of this document were developed under a grant from the Department of Education. However, those contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government.