Postsecondary Transition Planning
Indicator 13: Percent of youth with IEPs aged 16 and above with an IEP that includes appropriate measurable postsecondary goals that are annually updated and based upon an age appropriate transition assessment, transition services, including courses of study, that will reasonably enable the student to meet those postsecondary goals, and annual IEP goals related to the student's transition services needs. There also must be evidence that the student was invited to the IEP team meeting where transition services are to be discussed and evidence that, if appropriate, a representative of any participating agency was invited to the IEP team meeting with the prior consent of the parent or student who has reached the age of majority.
For current information regarding this indicator please review the APR.
IEP: Postsecondary Transition Plan 2.0 (PTP 2.0)
Web Access Management System (WAMS) - How to get a WAMS ID
Use this site to create a WAMS User ID. A WAMS ID is needed to access the PTP application. A user only needs to create one WAMS ID. These credentials can be transferred between school districts and job roles. In order to gain access to the PTP 2.0 application, you will need to request access through WISEhome.
Postsecondary Transition Plan (PTP) Login
Authorized users should use the PTP system to create I-8 Transition Forms for all students with disabilities ages 14 and older. Authorized users will likely be transition coordinators, IEP coordinators / case managers, or special education teachers of students ages 14 and older. PTPs must be submitted to via the PTP application to DPI within 30 days of the IEP meeting date.
For PTP Users:
- WAMS ID Information
- PTP Manual (October 2013)
- Parent/Youth PTP Guide [Guía para Padres al Plan de Transición Postsecundaria (PTP)]
- PTP Frequently Asked Questions
- Transition Services [Servicios de Transición]
- WiTransition App
District Security Administrator (DSA)
- If you district does not have a DSA, please have your District Administrator submit the District Administrator Authorization Form to begin the process.
- For more information regarding the assignment and responsibilities of the DSA, please visit https://dpi.wi.gov/wise/secure-home-info.
- To assign Application Administrators, Login to WISEsecure homepage using your WAMS ID and password: https://apps6.dpi.wi.gov/wisehome/
PTP Application Administrator
- For more information regarding the assignment and responsibilities of the Application Administrator, please visit https://dpi.wi.gov/wise/secure-home-info.
- To assign PTP Users, Login to WISEsecure homepage using your WAMS ID and password: https://apps6.dpi.wi.gov/wisehome/