In making state determinations, OSEP uses compliance and results data, giving equal weight to each. OSEP’s accountability framework, called Results Driven Accountability (RDA), brings into focus the educational results and functional outcomes for children with disabilities while balancing those results with the compliance requirements of IDEA.
IDEA details four categories of determination:
- Meets the requirements and purposes of the IDEA
- Needs assistance in implementing the requirements of the IDEA
- Needs intervention in implementing the requirements of the IDEA
- Needs substantial intervention in implementing the requirements of the IDEA
State Determination Letters IDEA Part B - Wisconsin
- Grant Year 2021-2022 - Determination Issued June 2023
- Grant Year 2020-2021 - Determination Issued June 2022
LEA Determinations are performed annually for every accountable LEA/fiscal entity in the state as part of DPI's Joint Federal Notifications (JFN).