Resources Available to Families and Communities
IEP teams know how family and community engagement can improve student outcomes and explore how the school can support the families' hopes, perspectives, culture, insights, and concerns for their child.
- For Families: Student Snapshot [Spanish] This resource can be filled out by families to share information about their child prior to or during IEP meetings.
- For Students: My Snapshot [Spanish] This resource can be filled out by students to share information about themselves prior to or during IEP meetings.
- For IEP Teams: IEP Sample Snapshot This resource can be filled out by IEP teams after the IEP is written to share information about the student with anyone that wants a general summary of the content of the student's IEP and includes some additional information that may be helpful for educators to support the student. This resource was developed by the Wisconsin Council on Special Education with support from Wisconsin DPI.
- Family Engagement in Special Education (DPI)
- Family Engagement and the IEP-DPI Guidance
- DPI Family and Student Success Page
- DPI Promoting Excellence for All
- Wisconsin Statewide Parent Educator Initiative (WSPEI) - IEP Resources
- Wisconsin Special Education Mediation System
- Sample IEP Notes Template or Self-Directed IEP Template
- Wisconsin Transition App: The Transition Improvement Grant has designed a transition app to increase self-direction and self-advocacy for all Wisconsin youth in the transition planning process.
- WI FACETS IEP Checklist for Families
- Center for Parent Information and Resources (CPIR)
- PACER Center Postsecondary Education Resources
- National Center on Dispute Resolution in Special Education (CADRE)
- Wisconsin Promise