Resources Available to Families and Communities
IEP teams know how family and community engagement can improve student outcomes and explore how the school can support the families' hopes, perspectives, culture, insights, and concerns for their child.
- Family Engagement in Special Education (DPI)
- Family Engagement and the IEP-DPI Guidance
- DPI Family and Student Success Page
- DPI Promoting Excellence for All
- Wisconsin Statewide Parent Educator Initiative (WSPEI) - IEP Resources
- Wisconsin Special Education Mediation System
- Sample IEP Notes Template or Self-Directed IEP Template
- Wisconsin Transition App: The Transition Improvement Grant has designed a transition app to increase self-direction and self-advocacy for all Wisconsin youth in the transition planning process.
- WI FACETS IEP Checklist for Families
- Center for Parent Information and Resources (CPIR)
- PACER Center Postsecondary Education Resources
- National Center on Dispute Resolution in Special Education (CADRE)
- Wisconsin Promise