All Council meetings are held at the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (125 S. Webster Street, Madison, Wisconsin, (608) 266-1781) and from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., unless otherwise noted.
Members of the public are welcome to attend and time for public appearances is scheduled at the beginning and end of each Council meeting. If you wish to speak at a Council meeting, please email Hugh Davis and Judy Conlin, the Council Co-Chairs, and Rita Fuller, Wisconsin DPI Council Liaison.
Special meetings may be called as needed.
Meeting Schedule 2022-23
- 2022-23 Council on Special Education Meeting Schedule
- Friday, September 23, 2022 Council Meeting (10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.)
- Wednesday, October 12, 2022 (5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.) Fall Public Forum (Remote and Online)
- October 12th (5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.) Remote and Online Comments to Council.
- Link to Register for In-Person or Remote Live Commenting
- October 7th to October 14th council will gather responses from the public using an online comment form.
- Wednesday, November 16, 2022 Council Special Meeting (4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
- Friday, December 2, 2022 Council Meeting (10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.)
- Wednesday March 1, 2023 to Wednesday, March 8, 2023 Spring Public Forum (Online Only)
- Council will gather responses from the public using an online comment form.
- Friday, March 10, 2023 Council Meeting (10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.)
- Friday, June 23, 2023 Council Meeting (10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.)