Sample Special Education Forms
The Special Education Team provides sample forms and notices for use in the IEP team process to assist districts comply with state (Chapter 115) and federal (IDEA) special education requirements. The Sample Forms and the Reference Materials posted at this site have been updated to reflect changes in the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004 and its regulations.
- Sample special education forms, English - (Updated 05/2019) - Ejemplos de formularios de educación especial, en español (Updated 10/2018)
- Guide to Special Education Forms, Model IEP team forms developed by the DPI serve as a guide and also the primary tool for documenting compliance with federal and state special education requirements related to the IEP team process. This companion document provides guidance on the use of the forms. It includes a discussion of the specific requirements relating to each form, directions for the use of each form, and tips for implementing the IEP team process.
- Sample IEP Forms Frequently Asked Questions
- College and Career Ready IEPs
Policies and Procedures
As a condition of funding under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), local educational agencies are required to establish written policies and procedures for implementing federal special education laws. In addition, Wisconsin law requires local educational agencies to establish written policies and procedures for implementing state and federal special education requirements. Model Local Educational Agency Special Education Policies and Procedures has been developed to help local educational agencies meet their obligation to establish and implement special education requirements. A local educational agency may establish special education requirements by adopting the model policies and procedures. The document may also be used as a reference tool and for staff development activities to promote understanding of and compliance with special education requirements.
- Model Special Education Policies and Procedures, Revised July 2018
- Model Special Education Policies and Procedures for Independent Charter Schools, Revised September 2018
Other Forms and Notices
- Request for Due Process Hearing: PI-2115, English Fillable - English Print Copy - En Espanol - Hmong
- IDEA State Complaint Form: PI-2117, English fillable - En Espanol - Hmong
- Agreement to Use Mediation/Waiver of Resolution Session (New 7/05)
- Surrogate Parent: Determination of Need and Assignment, PI-PAR-002, Rev. 9/15 (fillable)
- Authorization for Foster Parent to Act as a Parent, PI-PAR-001, Rev. 7/10 (fillable)
- Eligibility Checklists for determining whether a child has an impairment under s. PI 11.36, Wis. Admin. Code.
- IDEA Affirmation of Representatives of Participating Private Schools - (10/24/06)
- Request for Special Education Mediation: English - En Espanol
- Model Child Find and Referral Notices