Sample Special Education Forms
The Special Education Team provides sample forms and notices for use in the IEP team process to assist districts comply with state (Chapter 115) and federal (IDEA) special education requirements. The Sample Forms and the Reference Materials posted at this site have been updated to reflect changes in the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004 and its regulations.
- Sample special education forms, English - (Updated 05/2019) - Ejemplos de formularios de educación especial, en español (Updated 10/2018)
- Guide to Special Education Forms, Model IEP team forms developed by the DPI serve as a guide and also the primary tool for documenting compliance with federal and state special education requirements related to the IEP team process. This companion document provides guidance on the use of the forms. It includes a discussion of the specific requirements relating to each form, directions for the use of each form, and tips for implementing the IEP team process.
- Sample IEP Forms Frequently Asked Questions
- College and Career Ready IEPs
Policies and Procedures
- Model Special Education Policies and Procedures, Revised July 2018
- Model Special Education Policies and Procedures for Independent Charter Schools, Revised September 2018
- PI-3201-B, LEA Assurances - Special Education Model Forms/Policies and Procedures Fillable
This form is required once. Annual assurance, thereafter, is provided through the Additional Data Report in the web portal.
Other Forms and Notices
- Request for Due Process Hearing: PI-2115, English Fillable - English Print Copy - En Espanol - Hmong
- IDEA State Complaint Form: PI-2117, English fillable - En Espanol - Hmong
- Special Education - Model Forms and Model Policies and Procedures - Adoption and Assurance: PI-3201, Fillable
- Agreement to Use Mediation/Waiver of Resolution Session (New 7/05)
- Surrogate Parent: Determination of Need and Assignment, PI-PAR-002, Rev. 9/15 (fillable)
- Authorization for Foster Parent to Act as a Parent, PI-PAR-001, Rev. 7/10 (fillable)
- Eligibility Checklists for determining whether a child has an impairment under s. PI 11.36, Wis. Admin. Code.
- IDEA Affirmation of Representatives of Participating Private Schools - (10/24/06)
- Request for Special Education Mediation: English - En Espanol
- Model Child Find and Referral Notices