On this web page are a variety of documents and tools that may be useful. These include:
- Guidelines for Discussion on Consideration of Special Factors When a Student is Deaf or Hard of Hearing (Word version)
Teachers and administrators reviewed and created this document to assist IEP teams in having a comprehensive discussion about the Special Factors within the IEP and how they may apply to the needs of students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Expanded Core Curriculum
Students who are deaf or hard of hearing have functional educational needs unique to their disability. The Eligibility Criteria Guide includes a section on Expanded Core Curriculum for students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing (pages 25-27). In addition, this "Expanded Core Curriculum" document is intended to provide the reader with an understanding of the needs of students who are deaf, hard of hearing, and deafblind in order to successfully develop the skills identified in the Wisconsin Academic Standards (which includes Early Learning Standards).
The Expanded Core Curriculum (ECC) targets areas of functional skill development that are required of students who are deaf or hard of hearing in order to access the General Education curriculum and achieve the Wisconsin Model Academic Standards and identified areas of need can be included on the student's IEP, as needed. In addition, this document can be used to guide discussions about the functional skills needed by students with hearing loss as well as areas of areas of knowledge and expertise that a teacher of the deaf and hard of hearing can bring to the IEP team.
- Optimizing Outcomes for Students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
Information Update Bulletins
- Information Update Bulletin 11.01 (08.17R), Statewide Services Provided by the Wisconsin Educational Services Program for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing and the Wisconsin Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Information Update Bulletin 03.03, FAQ Regarding the Implementation of Deaf/Hard of Hearing Disability Eligibility Criteria
- Information Update Bulletin 00.04, Q.#8, LRE
- Information Update Bulletin 92.13, USDE Policy Guidance on Provision of Appropriate Services to Children who are Deaf