Strategies to Attract, Prepare, and Retain Special Educators and Related Services Providers
Wisconsin is one of forty-eight states reporting special education teacher and related services provider shortages (Sutcher, Darling-Hammond, & Carver- Tomas, 2016). The Special Education Team at Department of Public Instruction has identified staffing shortages as a focus area and has prepared a resource for Wisconsin’s districts. This webpage identifies the challenges and offers possible solutions to attract, prepare, and retain special educators and related services providers.
- Providing FAPE During Special Educator Shortages
- Special Education and Related Services Staffing Strategies: Attract/Prepare/Retain
- Leveraging IDEA Funds to Attract/Prepare/Retain Special Educators & Related Services Providers: Allowable Costs
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction Attract Prepare Retain Special Educators and Related Services Providers Summary of Findings and Recommendations
- The Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) has created strategies to attract, prepare, and retain special educators and related services providers.