This section includes several publications from the DPI related to various aspects of school operations. They are included here because they also apply to children in out-of-home care and may, at times, have an even greater impact on children placed in out-of-home care.
The Resources section contains related helpful information.
- ESSA Non-Regulatory Guidance: Ensuring Educational Stability for Children in Foster Care, U.S. Departments of Education and Health & Human Services
- Compulsory School Attendance FAQ
- Educational Services for Children Placed in Foster Care FAQ
- Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) Responsibility by Residence
- Homelessness and Special Education FAQ
- Reporting Requirements for Sexually Active Adolescents
- School Discipline FAQ
- Sharing Information Across Systems FAQ
- Student Records and Confidentiality FAQ
- School Mental Health – Trauma
- School Social Work Practice Guide
- Trauma-Sensitive Schools Learning Modules
- ESSA Out-of-Home Care Flowchart