You are here
Further Grant Resources
Further STEM Grant Resources
Grant Writing Resources
Wishlist-type Grant Opportunities
- Adopt-A-Classroom - allows teachers to register and describe their classroom which then appears on a digital database for donors to select. Teachers receive a credit that they can then use to shop online from selected vendors (who then re-donate a portion of their sales).
- Digital Wish - allows you to create a wishlist or a fundraiser for your school or classroom. Donors can donate directly to the classroom or put money toward specific items for the classroom.
- Donors Choose - teachers put a classroom project idea in a searchable database and donors select a project to support. Once the required funding is reached, DonorsChoose sends you the classroom materials.
- Classwish - Teachers create a wish list of materials they need, and visitors to the site can make donations toward these needs.
- UW-Madison Library Grants Information Collection - lots of great resources and links to databases, though access to some is restricted to being there in-person
- National Science Teachers Association - dig through their calendar to find grants with upcoming deadlines - there are lots of possibilities here! You can find many lesser known science grants through this resource.
- Edutopia's Big List - updated list of grants and grant resources across subject areas.
- Houghton Mifflin Grant Database - a very good free database of grants, though you have to look at the grants carefully as many designate specific focus states other than WI.
- ALEKS Grant Database - they list several grant opportunities (clicking through them), mainly large-scale national grants.
- GetEdFunding - a free grants database allowing for a wide variety of search criteria. You do have to sign up for a free account.
- Grant Wrangler - free grants database, though it takes some work to keep searching and find a wide range of grants.
- Pitsco - a STEM supply company also provides lists of grants each month (at bottom) and some grant tips.
Other Foundations - phone or mail contacts
- David O. Kingston Foundation, Inc. – (208) 522-2365 – awards educational grants on a rolling basis, call for further details.
- Dom Foundation – Awards educational grants on a rolling basis, call (312) 863-2142
- Emory T. Clark Family Foundation – supports education efforts in WI, 414-765-5118
- Gordon Henke Family Foundation, Inc. – awards grants to educational projects in Wisconsin, with inquiries accepted anytime, (561) 395-2319
- Esther M. & Freeman E. Everett Charitable Foundation – awards grants to educational projects in CO and WI, submit inquiry any time to: c/o JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. P.O. Box 3038 Milwaukee, WI 53201-3038
- Evan and Marion Helfaer Foundation – awards grants in WI, inquiries accepted any time. P.O. Box 147, Elm Grove, WI 53122-0147, (262) 784-9778
- Frances & Benjamin Benenson Foundation, Inc., provides educational grants, no deadline or website, submit a letter of inquiry stating the purpose and budget to Bruce W. Benenson, 708 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017
- Gladys and Roland Harriman Foundation – provides educational grants on a national basis, deadlines in Oct and Apr, 212-493-8185