School nutrition professionals can increase participation in and satisfaction with their school meals. The following materials were designed for school nutrition professionals to learn about innovative practices and communicate with families, students, and the broader school community about the healthfulness of school meals. Here you'll find ideas about what other schools in Wisconsin are doing to make their school meals rock.
Farm to School and More
- Teaming Up to Increase Participation Workshop materials
- The School Nutrition Outreach Toolkit provides resources and tools for school nutrition professionals to effectively promote their school nutrition programs and showcase why Wisconsin school meals rock.
- The Wisconsin Team Nutrition MyPlate Recipe Cards are easy and delicious recipes that feature vegetables from the dark-green, red/orange, and bean/pea (legume) subgroups. The recipes are designed to encourage school nutrition programs to increase their scratch cooking and incorporate vegetable subgroups into their menus in fun and easy ways that appeal to students of all ages.
- The Wisconsin School Meals Rock! brochures contain facts about the National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program, dispels common meal myths, and provide the benefits of participating in school meal programs. Print copies are available through the Wisconsin Team Nutrition Resource Order Form.
- Home Grown: Tastes of Wisconsin Taste Test Guide provides information and resources for conducting a successful taste test with students.
Breakfast in the Classroom Brochure provides information on how to make breakfast part of the school day, answers frequently asked questions, and showcases Wisconsin school success stories.