Administrators can strongly influence the success of the school nutrition program as well as the success of their students. The following are innovative practices and opportunities for administrators to support their school's meal program.
Breakfast in the Classroom
- Breakfast in the Classroom Brochure provides information on how to make breakfast part of the school day, answers frequently asked questions, and showcases Wisconsin school success stories.
- Serving Up a Successful School Breakfast Program is a guide that provides information on School Breakfast Program implementation.
- Breakfast in the Classroom (BIC) Toolkit provides instructions and information for implementing a successful BIC program.
- School Breakfast Program Cost/Benefit Analysis: Achieving a Profitable School Breakfast Program was a study conducted to determine the benefits and costs associated with School Breakfast Programs.
- Visit the School Breakfast Program homepage for additional resources.
Ready to get school breakfast?Your school’s Food Service Director or Authorized Representative can update your online Child Nutrition contract at any time! Simply visit the School Nutrition Team’s Online Services page and select the Online Services Log-in button. The School Breakfast Program can be added to just one school site or for the entire district.
Have a question? Contact the School Breakfast Specialists at DPISBP@dpi.wi.gov.