Bob Soldner, Assistant State Superintendent
The division consists of seven service areas and provides centralized and managerial support services to the department to ensure effective and cost-efficient operation of the agency, along with having primary responsibility in the development of administrative rules and the department's biennial budget. The division provides consultative services to school districts and the public on school finance, management, and organizational issues and administers state and federal aids and grants to school districts, county children with disabilities education boards (CCDEBs), cooperative educational service agencies (CESAs) and other service providers.
- School Financial Services - administers programs that support schools with general and categorical aids and grants for special projects.
- School Nutrition - administers federal and state school nutrition programs.
- Community Nutrition - administers federal and state community nutrition programs.
- Parental Education Options - provides administrative management services to school districts and assists them with federal aids and audits.
- Policy and Budget - performs budget and policy analysis as well as budget, legislative, and federal-state planning functions.
- Human Resources - provides technical consultation to DPI managers on personnel, employment relations, training, payroll, employee assistance programs and affirmative action policies and procedures.
- Business Services - provides centralized accounting, purchasing, business, budget administration, and general management services to the department.