What We Do
The School Finance Team provides information and support to district administrators and fiscal staff, CESA/CCDEB administrators, legislators, public interest groups, taxpayers, researchers and media.
Phone: (608) 267-9114
Fax: (608) 266-2840
Processing of data collection in support of Wisconsin education agencies.
How Wisconsin public schools are funded with a focus on state and federal education aids.
Counting of children and the determining of membership data to establish equalization aid.
DPI SFS data collection requirements in support of general and categorical aid distribution.
Wisconsin legislature revenue controls and computation of district general fund revenues.
Due dates, school finance listserv subscriptions and School Finance team contacts.
Statistical information about Wisconsin’s elementary and secondary public school districts.
Information on various school finance topics, processes, and the use of certain online reports.
- Transfer of Fund 39 Accumulated Balance
- WASBO Regional Meeting Updates (May-June 2017)
- Wisconsin and Racine Private School Voucher Impacts
- Special Needs Private School Voucher Impacts
- October 15 Certification of 2017-18 General Aid
- Parental Choice Options - 2016-17 Funding
- Parental Choice Options - 2017-18 Funding
- Racine and Wisconsin Parental Choice Programs Funding
- Accounting, Auditing & Financial Management
- Aids Register Information
- Qualified Zone Academy Bond (QZAB)
- Revenue Limit Worksheets
- Summer School
- Wisconsin's Common School Fund
- Wisconsin School District Taxes and Levy Rates
General SFS Topics
- Wisconsin School Finance System Overview
- District Budget Dev/Planning
- Fair Funding for Our Future
- Federal/State Grant Programs
- SFS Data Warehouse
- Wisconsin Records Retention