What We Do
The School Finance Team provides information and support to district administrators and fiscal staff, CESA/CCDEB administrators, legislators, public interest groups, taxpayers, researchers and media.
Phone: (608) 267-9114
Fax: (608) 266-2840
Processing of data collection in support of Wisconsin education agencies.
How Wisconsin public schools are funded with a focus on state and federal education aids.
Counting of children and the determining of membership data to establish equalization aid.
DPI SFS data collection requirements in support of general and categorical aid distribution.
Wisconsin legislature revenue controls and computation of district general fund revenues.
Due dates, school finance listserv subscriptions and School Finance team contacts.
Statistical information about Wisconsin’s elementary and secondary public school districts.
Information on various school finance topics, processes, and the use of certain online reports.
Information and support for a variety of school operations as well as district facilities, consolidation and reorganization.
- Membership Information and Reporting
- WUFAR Overview
- Aids Register Information
- Pupil Count PI-1563
- Wisconsin's Common School Fund
- Revenue Limit Worksheets for Budget Planning
- Private School Vouchers Fiscal Information
- State and Federal Aid
- Wisconsin School District Taxes and Levy Rates
- Pupil Transportation
General SFS Topics
- Wisconsin School Finance System Overview
- District Budget Planning
- Federal/State Grant Programs
- SFS Data Warehouse
- Wisconsin Records Retention