The School Financial Services (SFS) federal and state grant program administers the financial management and accounting of federal and state grants to school districts, private schools, child and adult day care programs, 2R charter schools, cooperative educational service agencies (CESAs), county children with disabilities education boards (CCDEBs) and other service providers.
The team of accountants certifies all grants to subrecipients, calculates and provides grant allocations, reviews and processes all claims and monitors recipients for fiscal management of funds and accounting expenditures. The team also provides technical assistance on administration and compliance of federal and state grants to grant recipients and DPI program staff.
Documents with Related Guidance
- IDEA Fiscal Information
- Obligating and Liquidating Funds
- Title Fiscal Information
- Uniform Grant Guidance, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards
- Unique Entity Identity (UEI) Technical Assistance
- Wisconsin Uniform Financial Accounting Requirements (WUFAR)
- WISEgrants Federal Grants Management Portal