Need help with WISEdata Finance? Visit DPI's WISEsupport page to submit a help ticket.
WISEdata Finance is Wisconsin's next-generation financial reporting system for school districts and other local education agencies (LEAs). Financial data flows directly from financial software systems to DPI view the Ed Fi Credential API.
The Wisconsin School Finance Portal (WiSFiP) is being developed and expanded in conjunction with WISEdata Finance, as reports in the existing SAFR portal are retired. SAFR is scheduled to be archived and decommissioned in FY 2025-26.
New and updated resources and information will be added to this page throughout the transition period.
Accessing WISEdata Finance
Step 1: Confirm with your vendor that they are ready to onboard you for WISEdata Finance.
Step 4: Work with your vendor to configure the Ed-Fi credential requested in step 3 (they will receive it directly by email).
Step 5: Log in to WISEdata Finance.
For those who do not already have access to the Wisconsin School Finance Portal ("WiSFiP"), typically the best approach is to contact your District Security Administrator (DSA) and make a request. Provide your DSA with your Wisconsin Web Access Management System (WAMS) ID along with the name of the role you'll need to access intended WiSFiP modules:
|Finance Data Administrator Role
|Student Data Administrator Role
|Budget Report Module
|Chapter 220 Module
|Debt Schedules Module
|High Cost Special Education Module
|Pupil Count Module
|School Level Reporting Module
|Tax Levy Report Module
To summarize, the Student Data Administrator role can access modules that involve student Personally Identifiable Information (PII) whereas the Finance Data Administrator does not. Note that if you require access to BOTH roles, that is allowed.
If you have any trouble contacting your DSA, you can also reach out to the DPI Customer Service Team and make your request.
- WISEdata Finance and Financial Reporting Podcast page
- WISEdata Finance User Guide
A concise one-page review on how to get started with WISEdata Finance
- DPI WISE Knowledge Base
Select WISEdata Finance as the subject or search by validation code or topic
- WISEdata Finance and WiSFiP Updates (December 2022)
- WISEdata Finance: How to Address Validations (December 2023)
- Wisconsin Uniform Financial Accounting Requirements (WUFAR) (June 2022)
- Introduction to WUFAR (January 2023)
- Alternative Reporting Mechanism (ARM) User Guide (April 2022)
- Letter to Independent Charter Schools on WISEdata Finance (August 2021)
- Submit a WISEsupport Help Ticket
The following vendors have been or are soon expected to be certified for transmission of data to WISEdata Finance under the Ed-Fi standard:
- PowerSchool (BusinessPlus)
- Specialized Data Systems (SDS Web Office - Finance)
- Customer support: Questions can be submitted to https://sc.schooloffice.com/supportconnect/default.aspx
- Website: schooloffice.com/systems/
- Tomah - Sundance
- Contact: Paul Potter
- Tyler Technologies (Munis)
- Customer support contact: email@example.com
- Website: tylertech.com/solutions/k-12-education/school-erp/financial-management
- Linq (Alio) formerly Weidenhammer Systems
- Website: myalio.com
If you are a vendor interested in developing for WISEdata Finance, please contact Heather Kluck.