WISEdata Finance is Wisconsin's next-generation financial reporting system for school districts and other local education agencies (LEAs). Financial data will flow directly from financial software systems to DPI, as is currently done for WISEdata student data reporting. The system will be in place for school district data reporting in 2021-22 with the first required data submission being for budget data in the late fall of 2021.
The Wisconsin School Finance Portal (WiSFiP) will be developed and expanded in conjunction with the WISEdata Finance transition, as reports in the existing SAFR portal are retired. SAFR is scheduled to be archived and decommissioned by 2024.
New and updated resources and information will be added to this page throughout the transition period.
Accessing WISEdata Finance
Step 1: Confirm with your vendor that they are ready to onboard you for WISEdata Finance.
Step 4: Work with your vendor to configure the Ed-Fi credential requested in step 3 (they will receive it directly by email).
Step 5: Log in to WISEdata Finance.
- WISEdata Finance User Guide
A concise one-page review on how to get started with WISEdata Finance
- Introduction to WISEdata Finance (PowerPoint presentation)
WASBO School Business Office Professionals, November 17, 2020
The following vendors have been or are soon expected to be certified for transmission of data to WISEdata Finance under the Ed-Fi standard:
- PowerSchool (BusinessPlus)
- Vendor update 12/14/2020 (SMS and Qmlativ): "We will hold sessions (webinars) with our Wisconsin districts to teach them how to use the Ed-Fi process within Skyward. By Summer 2021, districts should be able to set up their information within Skyward and will be ready to submit their information come Fall 2021."
- Customer support: Submit a Skyward support/service call request
- Website: skyward.com/k-12/school-erp
- Specialized Data Systems (SDS Web Office - Finance)
- Vendor update 2/10/2021: Finalizing pilot district work, plans to contact other Wisconsin clients no later than 3/1/2021. There will be information on WISEdata Finance on the SDS start page once the utility is completed. Pilot transmissions of 2019-20 data continuing.
- Customer support: Questions can be submitted to https://sc.schooloffice.com/supportconnect/default.aspx
- Website: schooloffice.com/systems/
- Tomah School District
- Contact: Paul Potter
- Tyler Technologies (Munis)
- Vendor update 12/11/2020: "Looking to get working version of program to get the DPI chart of accounts in December. January/February timeline to deliver program to allow client to send actuals and budget data to the DPI."
- Customer support contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: tylertech.com/solutions/k-12-education/school-erp/financial-management
- Weidenhammer Systems (Alio)
- Update 2/10/2021: First pilot transmission of 2020-21 data complete.
- Website: myalio.com
If you are a vendor interested in developing for WISEdata Finance, please contact Jaidaa Shafaei.
WISEdata Finance is currently in an "open beta" phase. The production system is active and vendors are able to onboard their customers and begin submitting 2020-21 data for testing purposes. Any data submitted in WISEdata Finance for 2020-21 will be considered test data and not used for reporting or other official purposes.
- Winter 2020-2021: Pilot vendors complete development and begin onboarding customers. SFS Team rolls out training and technical assistance resources.
- Spring 2021: Other vendors complete development and begin onboarding customers. SFS Team continues rolling out training and technical assistance resources.
- Summer 2021: Continued onboarding and resource rollout. Existing SAFR PI-1505 and PI-1505-SE reports are opened for 2020-21 year-end annual reporting. The existing PI-1504 and PI-1504-SE budget reports are closed for 2020-21 and retired.
- Fall 2021: Existing SAFR PI-1505 and PI-1505-SE reports for 2020-21 year-end annual reporting are due. WISEdata Finance opens for 2021-22 collection of budget and year-to-date actual financial data.
- October 16, 2021: A redeveloped "PI-401" district tax levy report for 2021-22 is released and opened in WiSFiP.
- On or about November 10, 2021: The "PI-401" tax levy report for 2021-22 is due.
- On or about December 1, 2021: The first WISEdata Finance budget data snapshot for 2021-22 is taken, replacing the PI-1504 and PI-1504-SE budget reports.
- Spring 2022: SFS Team completes reviews of the existing SAFR PI-1505 and PI-1505-SE reports for 2020-21; those reports are closed and retired.
- On or about June 1, 2022: The second WISEdata Finance budget data snapshot for 2021-22 is taken, used for the July 1 estimate of 2022-23 general school aids.
- Summer 2022: Redeveloped "PI-1505/School Level Annual" district reports and "PI-1506-AC" auditors' aid certification reports for 2021-22 annual financial data are released and opened in WiSFiP.
- September 1, 2022: The "PI-1506-AC" auditors' aid certification report for 2021-22 is due.
- Mid-September 2022: The redeveloped "PI-1505/School Level Annual" district report for 2021-22 is due.
- On or about October 1, 2022: The first WISEdata Finance year-end actual data snapshot for 2021-22 is taken, used in combination with the redeveloped PI-1506-AC for the October 15 certification of 2022-23 general school aids.
- On or about March 1, 2023: The second WISEdata Finance year-end actual data snapshot for 2021-22 is taken, used for final eligibility of 2022-23 general school aids, federal reporting, and calculation of Comparative Cost and Revenue.