Annual Report Resources
The following resources are designed to assist districts with the submission of the Annual Report.
Errors by Categories
The Errors by Categories error descriptions have been updated to provide the districts with written instructions on "How to Fix" each error by category, department contact information and links to useful tools available on the DPI website designed to help you complete the annual report.
Appendix B Revisions identify account changes for the Annual Report (located near the bottom of the page).
Designed to instruct users in such areas as basic navigation, data entry and error corrections.
The workbook is a series of Excel spreadsheet exercises designed to help districts pass the edits of the Annual Report program. Use of the workbook is encouraged.
The district's debt amortization schedules, including any refinancing, must be updated to reflect actual activity prior to the submission of the Annual Report.
Suggestions and Strategies on How to Enter Data
- Select the account code you wish to change and then "Change the Amount."
- Use the "Enter Data" on the left menu under Editing Your Data. You can enter the account and make the change by entering the new amount in the box. This tool may be used to create a list of accounts for data entry, rather than entering data screen by screen. Depending upon the account criteria entered, several accounts may be listed on the screen so that data may be entered for a group of account codes on one screen. See the examples below:
- To change ending fund 10 balance sheet accounts–enter for criteria 10B 002 and all ending balance accounts will be listed.
- To enter beginning fund 10 balances–enter for criteria 10B 001 and all beginning balance accounts will be listed.
- To change the revenue reported in source code 971 and 972- enter for criteria 10r 970 and all 97X accounts will be listed.
- To enter ending fund balance designations for equity accounts-enter for criteria 10B 900 002 and all ending balance accounts will be listed.
Suggestions and Strategies on How to Respond to Issues
Annual Report Errors
If errors on the "Errors by Category" screen still display after submitting the correct solution, click the "Run Edits" link on the left navigation bar to trigger the application to clear out previous processing. If unexplained errors still appear after re-running the edits, please contact a Finance Consultant.