School Level Reporting App
Access via WiSFiP: https://sfs.dpi.wi.gov/WiSFiP
The federal Every Student Succeeds Act (Title I, section 1111) introduced a new requirement for each local education agency (LEA) to report expenditures to their state education agency (SEA), which would in turn report that information to the U.S. Department of Education. Under this reporting requirement, expenditures are reported by school, by funding source (either with federal funds or with state or local funds), per-pupil. The School Financial Services (SFS) team has been working with the Wisconsin Association of School Business Officials and other stakeholders to develop an online collection tool that will assist districts and other Wisconsin LEAs with meeting this requirement.
DPI's plan for implementing School Level Reporting (SLR) is as follows:
- 2018-19 Fiscal Year Collections:
- November 2018: Open SLR collection for 2018-19 budget reporting.
- August 2019: Open SLR collection for 2018-19 annual (year end actual) reporting.
- June 2020: Report 2018-19 annual SLR data to U.S. Dept. of Education.
- 2019-20 Fiscal Year Collections:
- November 2019: Open SLR collection for 2019-20 budget reporting.
- July 2020: Open SLR collection for 2019-20 annual (year end actual) reporting.
- June 2021: Report 2019-20 annual SLR data to U.S. Dept. of Education.
- 2020-21 Fiscal Year Onward: SLR collections will use financial and student data submitted through WISEdata. Supplemental data on exclusions will continue to be collected through a modified version of the existing application.
School Level Reporting Resources
- ESSA School Level Reporting Videos
What's New for the 2018-19 ESSA SLR Annual (9/5/2019 webinar) (27:23)
A 3-part video series on ESSA School Level Reporting:
- SLR Data Reporting Format Updated October 1, 2018
More detailed information on the data being collected and the expenditure categories that will be reported.
- Frequently Asked Questions Updated February 25, 2019
Answers to some frequently asked questions from the field on ESSA School Level Reporting.
- Help with Common SLR Issues Updated November 14, 2018
Advice on how to respond to error messages or address other common issues while completing the report.
- "Preparing For School Level Reporting: How To Guide"
Document to assist LEAs and software vendors with preparing for the upcoming SLR budget collection in the fall of 2018.
- DPI SLR Workbook (v. 2.1)
Excel workbook to assist LEAs with compiling their budgeted or actual expenditure data for reporting.
- Financial Transparency and Reporting Readiness Assessment Tool
A tool, along with a facilitator's guide and webinar, available from the ESEA State Support Network, "to help districts and states understand the dynamics of school-level per-pupil reporting in their own district financial data."
- Technical Information
Specification of the file upload format and sample report filters for Recommended Standard Exclusions.
- SLR Presentation (Spring 2019 CESA 9/WASBO Business Office Professionals) Updated May 14, 2019
Current version of the SFS team's PowerPoint presentation on SLR, particularly for business office staff.
- 3rd Friday 2018 Enrollments by School Added July 16, 2019
Enrollment data available for reference in comparing enrollments used for 2018-19 and 2019-20 school level expenditure reporting.
- 2018-19 School Level Budget Data Updated July 23, 2019
Budgeted per-pupil school level expenditures based upon data reported by districts/LEAs for the 2018-19 school year.