The federal Every Student Succeeds Act (Title I, section 1111) introduced a new requirement for each local education agency (LEA) to report expenditures to their state education agency (SEA), which would in turn report that information to the U.S. Department of Education. Under this reporting requirement, expenditures are reported by school, by funding source (either with federal funds or with state or local funds) and by per-pupil. The School Financial Services (SFS) team worked with the Wisconsin Association of School Business Officials and other stakeholders to develop an online collection tool that assists districts and other Wisconsin LEAs with meeting this requirement.
DPI's plan for implementing School Level Reporting (SLR) is as follows:
- 2018-19 Fiscal Year Collections:
- October 13, 2020: District/LEA data quality review begins.
- November 16, 2020: Data publicly available in the WISEdash Public Portal and reported to the U.S. Department of Education.
- 2019-20 Fiscal Year Collections:
- August 2020: Open SLR collection for 2019-20 annual (year end actual) reporting.
- Spring 2021: Report 2019-20 annual SLR data to U.S. Dept. of Education.
- 2020-21 Fiscal Year Collections:
- November 2020: Open SLR collection for 2020-21 budget reporting.
- July 2021: Open SLR collection for 2020-21 annual (year end actual) reporting.
- June 2022: Report 2020-21 annual SLR data to U.S. Dept. of Education.
- 2021-22 Fiscal Year Onward: SLR collections will use financial and student data submitted through WISEdata. Supplemental data on exclusions may continue to be collected through a modified version of the existing application.