The 2007-09 biennial budget bill (2007 Wisconsin Act 20) included a new appropriation (s. 20.255(2)(bs)) of $250,000 for one-time grants of up to $10,000 per each consortium for school district consolidation feasibility studies. The funds were only available in the 2008-09 fiscal year.
The law describing the Consolidation Feasibility Study Grants is in Section 9137 (3k), the non-statutory provisions related to the Department of Public Instruction in 2007 Act 20.
- Belleville, Monticello, and New Glarus Merger Summary of Findings - Report
- Benton, Cuba City, Southwestern, and Shullsburg Reorg Feasibility Study - PowerPoint
- Bruce and Ladysmith-Hawkins Feasibility Study - Table of Contents
- Chetek and Weyerhaeuser School Districts Consolidation Feasibility Study
- Cornell and Gilman School Districts Consolidation Feasibility Study
- Glidden and Park Falls Consolidation Information Newsletter
- Montello and Westfield School Districts Fiscal Consolidation Study
- North Crawford and Boscobel School District Consolidation
- Pecatonica and Argyle School Districts Merger Summary of Findings - PowerPoint
- Prairie Du Chien and Wauzeka-Steuben Fiscal Consolidation Study
- Wabeno Area and Laona School Districts Fiscal Consolidation Study
Grant funds are no longer available.
For questions about this information, contact Kathy Fry (608) 224-5343, firstname.lastname@example.org (608) 267-9114