Under Wisconsin law, a pupil attending an elementary or secondary school (including four- and five-year-old kindergarten) is generally entitled to transportation by the public school district in which the pupil resides. This collection of pages addresses pupil transportation for both public and private schools, providing information about pupil transportation in general, unusually hazardous transportation and parent-related contracts, along with specific questions and answers.
Click a link below for more information.
Forms and Documentation
- Calculation of Average Cost per Pupil for Bus Transportation
- Legislative Report on Video Cameras on School Buses and Training of Bus and Alternative Vehicle Operators (2005)
- List of Disqualifiable Offenses (WisDOT Form MV3740)
- Questions and DPI Responses Related to Alternative Vehicles and Drivers
- Requirements for School Bus Drivers
- School Bus Accident Report