Sec. 120.115, Wis. Stats., states that within 10 days of any change to a district's debt service repayment schedule, a new debt service schedule must be submitted to DPI.
School districts must report long term debt amortization schedules via the School Finance Team reporting portal. Districts must enter expected future principal and interest payments for each individual long term debt issue.
To obtain instructions for entering district debt information, click on the "Instructions For Entering Long Term Debt Into SAFR" link below. You may also proceed to the School Finance Reporting Portal to begin entering long term debt amortization schedules.
New DPI Reporting Option - Bid Premiums
Historically, bid premiums have been recorded as a revenue in Source 968, in Funds 38 or 39, in the fiscal year received. Beginning in the 2017-18 fiscal year for DPI reporting purposes, a district can now record bid premiums in excess of the current year debt service payments for the issue generating the bid premium as "Deferred Revenue" in the year of receipt in balance sheet account 816900. The bid premium, however, must be recorded as a revenue in Source 968 in the subsequent year.
District Long-Term Debt Calculation (percent of legal limit)
- June 30, 2018 Debt Balances
- June 30, 2017 Debt Balances
- June 30, 2016 Debt Balances
- June 30, 2015 Debt Balances
- June 30, 2014 Debt Balances
- June 30, 2013 Debt Balances
- June 30, 2012 Debt Balances
- June 30, 2011 Debt Balances
- June 30, 2010 Debt Balances
- June 30, 2009 Debt Balances
- June 30, 2008 Debt Balances