Reasons for State Aid Adjustments
State law directs school district state aid payments to be withheld in full or in part for the following reasons:
- Open Enrollment s. 118.51(16) and s. 118.51(17)
- Additional Year Tuition Waivers s. 121.84(4)(b)
- Revenue Limit Penalties s. 121.92(b)
- Challenge Academy s. 121.095(1)
- Wisconsin and Racine Private Schools (vouchers) s. 118.60(4d)(b)
- Special Needs Scholarship Program (vouchers) s. 115.7915(4m)(f)
- New Independent Charter Schools Pupils s. 118.40(2r)(g) and 118.40(2x)(f)
Actual and Projected State Aid Adjustments
The Actual and Projected State Aid Adjustments workbook details the current estimates of the statutorily required adjustments above and identifies the actual and projected withholdings from state aid payments. The workbook is intended to explain differences between districts eligibility for state aids and the amount actually paid, if any. The workbook also shows the projected future state aid adjustments for cash flow planning purposes. The workbook is based on the best currently available information, which is subject to change, and therefore this workbook will be updated periodically throughout the year.
June and July Aid Payment Reconciliation
The June and July Aid Payment Reconciliation workbook details the information pertaining to the June and July General Aid payments. These aid payments may be adjusted for the statutorily required reasons identified above as applicable to your district.
Additional state aids withheld throughout the fiscal year to cover these adjustments are also included in the reconciliation workbook. The Aid Payment Reconciliation workbook is designed to assist with the proper transaction coding of these payments and adjustments.