Past Events (2016-2019)
- 2019 Accounting Conference (March 20-21)
- 2019 WASB Joint Education Convention (January 22-25)
- 2019 WASBO Spring Conference (May 16-17)
- 2018 WASBO Winter at a Glance (December 4)
- 2018 Getting It Right (October 18 and 22)
- 2018 WASBO Fall Conference (October 4-5)
- 2019 WASBO New Administrator and Support Staff Conference (August 7-8)
- 2018 Wisconsin Federal Funding Conference (February 26-27)
- 2017 WISEdash (February)
- 2016 Regional Federal Funding Conference (April)
- 2016 New Administrator's Academy (February)
Note: Events presented below are in chronological order (January - December)
Brought school board members, business officials and administrators together to hear both national and state level speakers on educational topics, attend breakout sessions, visit with exhibitors and interact with others in similar roles.
The School Finance Puzzle: How the Pieces Fit Together
A Deep Dive Into School Finance
Impact of Private School Vouchers and Public Charters on Wisconsin Public Schools
- PowerPoint presentation
- Voucher Programs Summary Table - School Enrollment and Estimated Payment (MPCP, RPCP, WPCP and SNSP)
- Handout on 2018-19 Funding Comparison for "WI Choice Programs"
School Level Reporting
Presented by the Wisconsin Association of School Business Officials, the Wisconsin Council of Administrators of Special Services and the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, this conference provides school districts with the information they need to not only to be in compliance but to maximize their federal resources as well.
DPI hosted conference that presented attendees with a better understanding of state and federal reporting requirements, internal data collection and reporting procedures.
Designed to assist school district business leaders and office staff in developing a better understand of the ever-changing accounting and financial practices in Wisconsin public schools.
- DPI Spring Finance Workshop 2019
- Categorical State Aids 2019
- ESSA School Level Reporting: What’s Next
- When and How to use Transfer of Service
- Having Fun with WUFAR
- Post-Employment Benefits – From Valuation to Reporting
- Special Education Fiscal Auditing
- Spring at a Glance and the Budget Amendment Process - WASBO Accounting Conference
- The Other Funds - Funds 21, 38, 39, 41, 46, 49, 50, 60, 72, 73, 80, 91 and 99
- WUFAR Coding for Technology, Debt and Other Common Inconsistencies
An intensive two day conference designed to provide a sound introduction to the school business office.
- Fiscal Year at a Glance
- Completing the PI 1505 Annual Report
- Counting Children for Membership
- Introduction to WUFAR
- Introduction to Special Education Funding
- Revenue Limit and General Aid
Conducted by the DPI School Finance Team. Although open to all, the "How to Do It from the Ground Up" workshop was geared toward new administrators or those with less than three years of experience.
Presentation handouts collected by Dan Bush in April 2016.