Past Events (2016-2020)
- 2020 WASBO Reopening Wisconsin Schools (August 11)
- 2020 Getting It Right (October 19)
- 2020 WASBO Winter at a Glance (December 2)
- 2020 WASB Joint Education Convention (January 21-24)
- 2019 WASBO Fall Conference (October 3-4)
- 2019 WASBO New Administrator and Support Staff Conference (August 7-8)
- 2019 WASBO Spring Conference (May 16-17)
- 2019 Accounting Conference (March 20-21)
- 2018 Wisconsin Federal Funding Conference (February 26-27)
- 2017 WISEdash (February)
- 2016 Regional Federal Funding Conference (April)
- 2016 New Administrator's Academy (February)
Timely updates on school finance topics related to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
Brought school board members, business officials and administrators together to hear both national and state level speakers on educational topics, attend breakout sessions, visit with exhibitors and interact with others in similar roles.
An intensive two day conference designed to provide a sound introduction to the school business office.
Designed to assist school district business leaders and office staff in developing a better understand of the ever-changing accounting and financial practices in Wisconsin public schools.
- DPI Spring Finance Workshop 2019
- Categorical State Aids 2019
- ESSA School Level Reporting: What’s Next
- When and How to use Transfer of Service
- Having Fun with WUFAR
- Post-Employment Benefits – From Valuation to Reporting
- Special Education Fiscal Auditing
- Spring at a Glance and the Budget Amendment Process - WASBO Accounting Conference
- The Other Funds - Funds 21, 38, 39, 41, 46, 49, 50, 60, 72, 73, 80, 91 and 99
- WUFAR Coding for Technology, Debt and Other Common Inconsistencies
Conducted by the DPI School Finance Team. Although open to all, the "How to Do It from the Ground Up" workshop was geared toward new administrators or those with less than three years of experience.
Presented by the Wisconsin Association of School Business Officials, the Wisconsin Council of Administrators of Special Services and the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, this conference provides school districts with the information they need to not only to be in compliance but to maximize their federal resources as well.
DPI hosted conference that presented attendees with a better understanding of state and federal reporting requirements, internal data collection and reporting procedures.
Presentation handouts collected by Dan Bush in April 2016.