To earn a GED or HSED in Wisconsin, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Age: Proof that the applicant is at least 18.5 years old or their 9th-grade class has graduated from high school.
- Students age 17 to 18.5 years may only be served through a school district or special program. For information on programs available, please see Contracting with Technical Colleges, Challenge Academy, and GED Option #2 available here: Alternative Education
- Residency: Provide proof that the applicant has resided in Wisconsin for at least 10 days.
- Graduation Status: The applicant has not graduated from high school and is not enrolled in any public or private high school.
- Counseling: The applicant has completed counseling sessions from approved educational institutions: See PI 5.03(4) for more information.
CONTACT PREP PROGRAMS AND ASSESSMENT CENTERS
Wisconsin prep programs and assessment centers can guide applicants with the process of selecting GED and HSED options and the criteria to earn these credentials.