The U.S. Department of Education awarded Wisconsin a five-year $95 million grant to support quality charter schools in the state.
- Wisconsin Charter Schools Program Objectives
- 2018 (Round 2) Grant Information Workshops
- 2018-19 (Round 2) Subgrant Application
- Become a Charter Schools Subgrant Peer Reviewer
- Sign-up for the Wisconsin Charter Schools Program Updates Distribution List
- Support the growth of high-quality charter schools in Wisconsin, especially those focused on improving academic outcomes for educationally disadvantaged secondary students
- Strengthen and improve authorizing quality and promote the adoption of best practices for all authorizers in Wisconsin
- Promote and support collaboration and sharing of best practices between high-quality charter schools and other schools in the state, especially those that experience difficulty in adequately serving educationally disadvantaged students
- Live workshops for 2018 have been completed.
- Pre-Workshop Requirement:
- Charter School Overview (26:55)
- Federal Grants Overview (19:59)
- Application Requirements (20:29)
Note: At 2:15 mark, we no longer require 4 copies of each proposal. The original plus 1 copy is adequate plus electronic version.
At 2:20 mark, the date for opening your charter school should be 2020, not 2019. At 11:00 mark, references that if the school has a planning grant and is not ready to open by the fall of 2019… this will be 2020 for this grant cycle.
Subgrants are available for eligible applicants to:
- Open and prepare for the operation of new charter schools;
- Open and prepare for the operation of replicated high-quality charter schools; and
- Expand high-quality charter school
Application Materials: Deadline February 22, 2019
- Charter School Grant Application Instructions
- Charter School Grant Application Form PI-9600
- Charter School Grant Appendices
- Appendix A: Grant Narrative (No Form or Worksheet Required)
- Appendix B: Letters of Support (No Form or Worksheet Required)
- Appendix C: Evidence of Charter School Approval (No Form or Worksheet Required)
- Appendix D: Performance Measures (No Form or Worksheet Required)
- Appendix E: 5-Year Budget Summary PI-9600-bs
- Appendix F: Expense and Revenue Worksheet
- *Appendix G: Evidence of High Quality (No Form or Worksheet Required)
- *Appendix H: Authorizer Report (Additional Authorizer Report Information)
- *Appendix I: Governing Board Minutes (No Form or Worksheet Required)
*Replication and Expansion Grant Applicants Only
Click HERE to be added to our distribution list to receive grant information updates.
- The Wisconsin Resource Center for Charter Schools (WRCCS) is a statewide technical assistance center that serves the state by hosting and providing a wide-array of resources related to authorizing, operating, governing, and improving charter schools as well as disseminating ideas and best practices to all schools in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Charter Schools Program Allowable Cost Guide
- 2014 Title V, Part B Non-Regulatory Guidance
- Information on the Federal Charter Schools Grants to State Entities Program
- Information on other Federal Charter Schools Program Grants
- Sections 4301-4311 of the ESEA, as amended by ESSA (Federal Charter Schools Program Regulations)
- Wisconsin Charter Law (Wis. Stats. 118.40)
For questions about this information, contact Chanell Crawford (608) 266-5880