The U.S. Department of Education awarded Wisconsin a five-year $95 million grant to support quality charter schools in the state.
- Wisconsin Charter Schools Program Objectives
- 2019 (Round 3) Grant Information Workshops
- Subgrant Application Materials and Information
- Become a Charter Schools Subgrant Peer Reviewer
- Sign-up for the Wisconsin Charter Schools Program Updates Distribution List
- Support the growth of high-quality charter schools in Wisconsin, especially those focused on improving academic outcomes for educationally disadvantaged secondary students
- Strengthen and improve authorizing quality and promote the adoption of best practices for all authorizers in Wisconsin
- Promote and support collaboration and sharing of best practices between high-quality charter schools and other schools in the state, especially those that experience difficulty in adequately serving educationally disadvantaged students
Come learn about the upcoming charter schools grant competition including available funds, grant priorities, application requirements, and more. Bring your team to the session and spend some time working on the application. DPI staff will be available to answer technical questions during this time but cannot assist with actual grant writing.
- Pre-Workshop Requirement: Prior to attending a workshop, please watch the presentation below. The important information shared in the recorded presentation will not be covered again during the workshop session.
|November 15, 2019||CESA 4, West Salem||1-3 pm|
|November 19, 2019||Racine School District, Building 1||1-3 pm|
|November 20, 2019||CESA 8, Gillett||1-3 pm|
|November 22, 2019||CESA 3, Fennimore||1-3 pm|
|December 10, 2019||DPI, GEF 3, Madison||2-4 pm|
|December 10, 2019||Virtual Session||2-4 pm|
Subgrants are available for eligible applicants to:
- Open and prepare for the operation of new charter schools;
- Open and prepare for the operation of replicated high-quality charter schools; and
- Expand high-quality charter schools
2019-20 Application Materials: Deadline February 19, 2020
- Charter School Grant Application Instructions
- Charter School Grant Application Form PI-9600
- Charter School Grant Appendices
- Appendix A: Grant Narrative (No Form or Worksheet Required)
- Appendix B: Letters of Support (No Form or Worksheet Required)
- Appendix C: Evidence of Charter School Approval (No Form or Worksheet Required)
- Appendix D: Performance Measures
- Appendix E: 5-Year Budget Summary PI-9600-bs
- Appendix F: Expense and Revenue Worksheet
- *Appendix G: Evidence of High Quality (No Form or Worksheet Required)
- *Appendix H: Authorizer Report (Additional Authorizer Report Information)
- *Appendix I: Governing Board Minutes (No Form or Worksheet Required)
*Replication and Expansion Grant Applicants Only
Related Application Materials:
If you are interested in becoming a peer reviewer, complete the Peer Reviewer Interest Survey.
View more information about the peer review process.
Recruitment will end on January 31, 2020.
Click to be added to our distribution list to receive grant information updates.
- The Wisconsin Resource Center for Charter Schools (WRCCS) is a statewide technical assistance center that serves the state by hosting and providing a wide-array of resources related to authorizing, operating, governing, and improving charter schools as well as disseminating ideas and best practices to all schools in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Charter Schools Program Allowable Cost Guide
- 5-Year Budget Summary PI-9600-bs
- 2014 Title V, Part B Non-Regulatory Guidance
- Information on the Federal Charter Schools Grants to State Entities Program
- Information on other Federal Charter Schools Program Grants
- Sections 4301-4311 of the ESEA, as amended by ESSA (Federal Charter Schools Program Regulations)
- Wisconsin Charter Law (Wis. Stats. 118.40)
- Cohort 1 - 2019 WRCCS Conference Mandatory Reporting Session
- Cohort 2 - 2019 WRCCS Conference Mandatory Reporting Session
- Monitoring Protocol
- On-site Monitoring Guide
- On-site Monitoring Schedule and Sample Interview Questions
For questions about this information, contact Chanell Crawford (608) 266-5880