The U.S. Department of Education awarded Wisconsin a five-year $95 million grant to support quality charter schools in the state.
- Support the growth of high-quality charter schools in Wisconsin, especially those focused on improving academic outcomes for educationally disadvantaged secondary students
- Strengthen and improve authorizing quality and promote the adoption of best practices for all authorizers in Wisconsin
- Promote and support collaboration and sharing of best practices between high-quality charter schools and other schools in the state, especially those that experience difficulty in adequately serving educationally disadvantaged students
Subgrants are available for eligible applicants to:
1) Open and prepare for the operation of new charter schools;
2) Open and prepare for the operation of replicated high-quality charter schools; and
3) Expand high-quality charter schools
|Appendix A- Contract Review Benchmarks|
|Appendix B-Opening Checklist|
|Appendix B-Opening Checklist for Expansions|
|Appendix C-Revenue & Expense Worksheets|
|Guide to Rating Applicant Responses|
The Wisconsin Charter Schools Program is seeking reviewers for our charter schools subgrant competition.
For more information about the peer review process CLICK HERE
If you are interested in becoming a peer reviewer, complete the Peer Reviewer Interest Survey