Purpose and Funding
The Bipartisan Safer Communities Act (BSCA) was signed into law by President Biden on June 25, 2022. The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (WDPI) was allocated $12.5 million to administer a BSCA Stronger Connections competitive grant to high-need Local Education Agencies (LEAs) to support safe and healthy students under section 4108 of the ESEA.
The purpose of the BSCA Stronger Connections Grant is to support WDPI and eligible LEAs to establish safe, healthy, and supportive learning opportunities and environments for students.
LEAs awarded the BSCA Stronger Connections Grant are encouraged to utilize these grant funds to implement comprehensive, evidence-based strategies that meet each student’s social, emotional, physical, and mental well-being needs; create positive, inclusive, and supportive school environments; and increase access to place-based interventions and services. LEAs participating in this grant will engage in local decision making and meaningful consultation with educators, staff, students, parents, families, and community members on allowable uses of funds to be used for activities that foster safe, healthy, supportive, and drug free environments and support students’ academic achievement.
Stronger Connections Grant Competition
Wisconsin DPI is pleased to announce the Stronger Connections Grant for eligible high need Local Education Agencies (LEAs).
- Eligible Local Education Agencies - This document lists the LEAs that are eligible to apply for the Stronger Connections Grant.
- Stronger Connections Grant Writers Webinar - This webinar explores the grant requirements for the Stronger Connections Grant. Webinar Slides
- Stronger Connections Grant Guidance - This document provides an overview of grant requirements and includes the scoring rubric.
- Stronger Connections Grant FAQ
- Bipartisan Safer Communities Act Stronger Connections Grant Program - FAQ
- PI-9580-AC, Affirmation of Consultation with Private School Officials - This form is required for all private schools within the LEA boundaries, if applicable. Please review the guidance for more details on this requirement.
- Grant Assurances for Stronger Connections Grant - This is a review copy of the grant assurances that are required of all applicants. This form can also be downloaded from within the application. Once complete, the form will be uploaded prior to grant submission.
The Stronger Connections Grant application period is currently closed.
Department of Education Resources
- OESE Safe and Supportive Schools Program
- OESE Bipartisan Safer Communities Act
- Stronger Connections FAQ (Nonregulatory guidance) - 10/19/23
- Guiding Principles for Creating Safe, Inclusive, Supportive and Fair School Climates
Building Stronger Connections Webinar Series
- Engaging Families and Communities: Building Stronger Connections (recording)
- Selecting High-Quality Evidence-based Strategies for Safe, Supportive and Healthy Schools Part I (recording)
- Selecting High-Quality Evidence-based Strategies for Safe, Supportive and Healthy Schools Part II (recording)
- Professional Development and Training for All School Staff on Strategies for Safe, Supportive and Healthy Schools (recording)
For questions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org