2020 Student Chef Competition
For the eighth consecutive year, student teams across the state worked together to develop and cook nutritious recipes that could easily be incorporated into the school food service program and at home. The 2020 Whipping Up Wellness, Wisconsin Student Chef Competition allowed creative student teams of three to five middle and high school students to gain hands-on cooking experience and the knowledge and skills to prepare healthy meals. The competition consisted of the Recipe Contest only as the Cooking Competition was canceled. The top five teams were selected from the Recipe Contest. These teams will receive a banner to display at their school. Congratulations to the following teams!
- Rice Rice Baby, Grafton High School, Grafton School District
- Team 1, Green Bay East High School, Green Bay Area Public Schools
- Daddy Bears, Horace Mann Middle School, Wausau School District
- The Roaring Chefs, Howards Grove High School, Howards Grove School District
- Lady T-Birds, Menominee Indian Middle School, Menominee Indian School District
Recipes were scored based on their nutritional analysis, recipe creativity and originality, culinary techniques, school menu and student appeal, and school food service reproducibility. Qualifying recipes may be included in the eighth annual Wisconsin Student Chef Cookbook.