Making the Case for Outdoor Learning
- Benefits of Outdoor Learning from Kelly Koller, ExplorerMindset.org
National Policy Briefs and Guidance
- Guidance and Policies on Outdoor Education
- OUTDOOR SPACES ARE ESSENTIAL ASSETS FOR SCHOOL DISTRICTS' COVID-19 RESPONSE ACROSS THE USA
- Green Schoolyards of America June 2020 Webinar Recording
- Presentation: Outdoor Spaces as Essential Assets for School Districts’ COVID-19 Response
- eeGuidance for Reopening School from NAAEE
- A Field at Risk: The Impact of COVID-19 on Environmental and Outdoor Science Education (Policy Brief)
Wisconsin Schools in the News
- Wisconsin Examiner: Outdoor classrooms could help solve the school reopening dilemma
- Learning outdoors: A platinum strategy in the time of COVID-19 by Mary Michaud
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: A Pewaukee teacher is creating an outdoor classroom for her students. Here's how.
- Wisconsin State Journal:
One giant outdoor classroom: Montessori school offers ideal space during COVID-19
- Blog series from Madison Audubon:
National News Stories
- Green Schoolyards of America: COVID-19 Media Library
- New York Times: Schools Beat Earlier Plagues With Outdoor Classes. We Should, Too.
- NBC News: Schools seeking alternative to remote learning try an experiment: Outdoor classrooms
Professional Learning Opportunities
Learning to be comfortable teaching outdoors may take time but is something every educator can do! There are many organizations who offer professional learning in this area. Find upcoming opportunities on the Environmental Education Professional Learning Calendar.
For questions about this information, contact Victoria Rydberg-Nania (608) 266-0419