The digital world we live in is permanent and, with each post, kids are creating a digital footprint. A digital footprint (sometimes called digital tattoo) is the information that exists online about you and your activity. Being safe and responsible online will help ensure your digital footprint does not damage your reputation.
Need to Know:
How to Preserve Your Digital Footprint:
- Always think long term before posting
- Keep personal information private
- Use privacy settings on social networking pages
- Protect your privacy AND the privacy of your friends
- Apply the Golden Rule when online