A parent may appeal a resident or nonresident school board’s denial to the Department of Public Instruction within 30 days of the date the notice of denial was postmarked or delivered to the parent, whichever is earlier.
The Department is required to affirm the school board’s decision unless it finds the decision was arbitrary or unreasonable. This means if the school board adopted policies, if its policies are in compliance with state law, and if it followed its policies exactly and without exception, its decision is likely to be affirmed.
Appeals Information for Parents
- PI 9418 Appeal Form - Form to File an Appeal of an Open Enrollment Denial
- Bulletin 19-03 Appeals Information for Parents
Appeals Information for School Districts
- PI 9422 - Record of Decision in Space Appeal
- PI 9426 - Record of Decision in Special Education Space Appeal
- Bulletin 19-02 Appeals Information for School Districts
Contact Us: Email: email@example.com or call toll-free: 888-245-2732