Purpose of Evaluation
A stakeholder workgroup has created a coach evaluation system to be piloted for the 2019-2020 school year. As with the purpose of the Wisconsin Educator Effectiveness (EE) System for evaluating teachers and principals, as well as the Wisconsin-created evaluations for other professional staff roles, the WI Evaluation of Educational Coaches is designed and intended as a performance-based continuous improvement system. The Coach Evaluation Processes and Rubric are intended to provide meaningful and relevant feedback for the coach that supports guided, individualized, self-determined professional growth and development.
DRAFT WI Coach Evaluation Rubric
This rubric is being piloted during the 2019-2020 school year. Revisions will be made based on feedback from districts engaged in the pilot process and prior to full release for the 2020-2021 school year.
The evidence collected during the pilot processes using the Coach evaluation pilot materials is not to be used for high stakes decision-making (particularly HR decisions).
Pilot processes are to be completed by a sampling of Coaching staff in the district and their evaluator(s).
- Piloters will complete all pilot processes on scheduled timelines throughout the pilot timeframe (September 2019 - March 2020):
- Professional Practice Goal (PPG)
- Artifact collection aligned to the rubric
- At least one observation with pre- and post- collaboration meetings
- “Summative” feedback session
- All pilot Coaches and evaluators must provide feedback to DPI and the coach evaluation development workgroup at regular intervals throughout the pilot timeframe. Most feedback will be collected through an online survey format. The collected feedback will be geared toward the evaluation of the alignment of the practice rubric components and evaluation processes to be relevant and meaningful for the roles and responsibilities of WI coaches.
Districts must register to participate in the pilot of the WI Coach Evaluation. During registration, districts must agree to all of the agreements listed above. Reviewing the Pilot Implementation Guidelines document below may assist districts in deciding whether or not they would like to register for the pilot.