List of school districts and private schools that have not yet applied.
Application deadline is February 15, 2019.
The "Personal Electronic Computing Devices" grant is authorized in Wisconsin statute 115.438. All Wisconsin school districts and private schools are eligible to apply; the application will be emailed to the head of each school district and private school in early December 2018. The grant will provide up to $9.2 million each school year from 2018-2019 to 2022-2023, for student mobile devices and supporting software, curriculum, and training.
- Purchases made any time any time between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019 are eligible for reimbursement.
- Every Wisconsin school or school district -- public, charter, private, or tribal -- with 9th grade students is eligible to receive $125 per 9th grade student, each year for the next five years.
- Private schools, private charter schools, and tribal schools use current year 9th grade enrollment to provide student counts for the grant.
- Public school districts and district charter schools use previous year 9th grade membership to provide student counts for the grant. DPI School Financial Services department has provided guidance on their website.
- Districts must provide matching funds, which can be anything supported by the Wisconsin Digital Learning Plan, including the cost of service plans for cellular devices, computers, servers, network infrastructure, and management systems.
- Purchases made for all grade levels are supported.
- Each year schools and school districts will be eligible to apply for a new Personal Electronic Computing Devices grant, through 2022-2023.
Details are provided in the grant FAQ.