What is the process and timeline for application and reimbursement?
During the application process, applicants will receive three emails from the Grant Administrator. Each will contain a link to a separate phase of the grant:
- Will be emailed to every eligible district and school on January 7, 2019. Will indicate the district or school's maximum funding amount, based on the number of 9th graders times $125 (see the grant funding formula for details)
- Will provide data entry fields for expenses incurred any time between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019 in each of the four grant categories: mobile devices, software, curriculum, and professional development
- Will require applicants to affirm that they will allocate matching funds equal to the dollar amount they are applying for.
The deadline for submitting grant applications is February 15, 2019
2) Grant Award Notice
- Will be emailed to every applicant by February 22, 2019
- Will indicate the applicant's maximum reimbursement amount
- The grant is designed to provide every district with the maximum amount it is eligible for
- However, if total amounts applied for have exceeded the total grant allocation, grant awards for each district will be proportionately scaled back.
3) Reimbursement Form
- Will be emailed to every applicant at the same time as the grant award notice.
- Will contain a data entry field for each each of the four grant categories: mobile devices, software, curriculum, and professional development.
- Will require exact reimbursement amounts to be entered.
- Will allow the reimbursement request in any grant category to be as much as 10% more than the amount that was awarded in that category, as long as the total reimbursement request does not exceed the total amount of the grant award.
- Will require the total reimbursement request to be backed up by invoices equaling the amount of the request.
- Will require applicants to affirm that they have allocated matching funds equal to the dollar amount for which they seek reimbursement.
- Can be submitted only once: the form must not be submitted until all expenditures to be reimbursed have been made.
4) Reimbursement Deadlines
- Purchases made any time between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019 are eligible for reimbursement.
- Expenses must be obligated by June 30, 2019.
- Expenses must be liquidated by September 30, 2019.
- Reimbursement request forms must be submitted by September 30, 2019.
- Applicants wishing to receive reimbursement before June 30, 2019 must submit their reimbursement request form by May 30, 2019.