Under 2019 Act 9, the Personal Electronic Computing Devices Grant is no longer funded, effective with the 2019-20 school year.
Districts must provide matching funds equaling the amount of reimbursement they receive.
Matching funds can be used to purchase mobile devices, software, curriculum, and professional development. In addition, they can be used to purchase any equipment or service supported by the Wisconsin Digital Learning Plan. Examples include:
- Computers and servers
- Network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, access points, and access point controllers
- Systems and consultation to support data privacy and security
- Online assessment expenses
- Management systems such as learning management systems, and mobile device management, monitoring, and filtering
- Mobile hotspots for student checkout
- Service plans for cellular devices
For questions about this information, contact Ed Snow (608) 267-2346