GEAR UP SCHOLARSHIP
Purpose: The GEAR Scholarship helps GEAR UP students meet their unmet financial need for college.
Eligibility: GEAR UP scholarships are available to students enrolled in a GEAR UP program.
A GEAR UP student must:
- Have graduated high school
- Be under 22 years of age at the time of application.
- Be enrolled at a public, private, or technical college/university in Wisconsin.
- Have unmet need or have loan and/or work study to be reduced or replaced.
- Have a completed GEAR UP Scholarship Application on file at their local WEOP office PI-5108 GEAR UP Scholarship Application.
Maintaining Eligibility Throughout College
The GEAR UP scholarship may be renewed for up to eight consecutive semesters of enrollment at a qualified institution of higher education, as long as the student continues to make satisfactory academic progress according to the school's standards PI-5108 GEAR UP Scholarship Application.
If a student transfers to another college or university within Wisconsin, the scholarship will transfer as long as the student completes the PI-5106 GEAR UP Scholarship Transfer Request 2019-20
If a student drops out of college for financial, medical, or military service reasons, the scholarship may be reinstated once the student re-enrolls in a college. To request reinstatement the student must submit the PI-5107 Request for Exemption of Continuous Enrollment Requirement Form.