These formula-based grants support Local Education Agencies (LEAs) to purchase, implement, and support high-quality, standards-based curricula in schools identified for Additional Targeted Support and Improvement (ATSI) and/or Comprehensive Support and Improvement (CSI) under the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
This grant is intended to fund high-quality, standards-based curricula that provide frequent and regular access to grade-level content, as well as culturally relevant practices to support them. It funds three categories of activities:
- Core instruction standards-based curriculum adoption (CSI schools only)
- Culturally responsive and relevant materials
- Implementation support
LEAs with at least one school identified for ATSI or CSI as of July 2022 are eligible.
The LEA receives one allocation for all its eligible schools.
The formula for allocations is as follows:
- Instructional Materials (Core Curriculum) Adoption: $200/student + 10% for lost/ruined materials
- Instructional Materials & Implementation (Support): $24,000/school
- Culturally Responsive & Relevant Materials: $125/student
Application and Budget
Part I of the application was due August 12, 2022. This included an initial needs survey. Part II is the budget, to be completed in WISEgrants.
LEAs may only budget for services and activities identified in Part I of the application. For example, if awarded grant funding for core-instruction standards-based curriculum adoption, the LEA must budget funds specifically to that activity.
The performance period for this grant is August 12, 2022, through August 31, 2023. Final claims are due November 30, 2023. Carryover is not allowed for this grant program.
Use of these funds must comply with the Supplement Not Supplant provision of ESSA. These funds may not be used to supplant (take the place of) state and local funds (20 U.S.C. 6321(b)).
- Program Contact: Alfonso Zepeda-Capistrán, Alfonso.Zepeda-Capistran@dpi.wi.gov
- Financial Claims Contact: Ryan Egan, 608-266-1723 or email@example.com
Title I, Part A, Section 1003(a) of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act as amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015.