Meeting federal requirements shouldn't add to existing complications and difficulties, it should help schools and districts make progress.
The annual cycles of identification under two major federal laws, the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), provide an opportunity for the DPI to reach out to help make sure that schools and districts have the tools, resources, and supports they need to advance educational equity.
At the DPI, we are streamlining processes and partnering across the state to improve and connect supports so identified schools and districts can build on their successes, engage the strengths of their communities more fully, and work together more effectively to ensure every student can succeed.
See also: ESSA Accountability Reporting page
Information for Districts
SecureHome provides districts with access to federal identifications, student outcome data, and inquiry tools
DPI email communications to district administrators regarding 2018 federal identifications, with attachments:
- June 7, 2019 email: Revised Racial Equity in Special Education 2019 Reports
- May 16, 2019 email: Racial Equity in Special Education
- Feb 5, 2019 email: Final joint notification materials
- Dec 6, 2018 email: Preliminary joint notification packets
￼Timeline of Recommended Actions for Improving Achievement and Closing Gaps, a calendar of steps to meet requirements while strengthening existing improvement efforts
- Nov 26, 2018 email: Preparing for preliminary joint federal notifications