Health Science Education (HSE)
Health Science Education (HSE) prepares students for careers related to medicine, nursing, health science, and allied health programs. Students preparing for health careers or for teaching careers in health occupations can gain valuable career information and network with other professionals by participating in the HSE program. This program provides students technical skills, health care competencies, and opportunities to obtain the knowledge necessary to satisfy the requirements for entry-level health care jobs. HSE is dedicated to educating today's students for tomorrow's health care community.
Education Consultant- vacant
Office Operations Associate
What's New in Health Science Education
- The Health Science Educator Academy is scheduled for July 24-25, 2018 at UW-Stevens Point. Please consider joining us for two full days of professional learning targeted for 9-12 grade Heath Science educators, and view the tentative agenda. Register here. Event registration closes on June 1, 2018.
- Hands-on Body Systems "Movement and Communication" Conference is being offered at Madison East High School on August 1-2, 2018, and registration is due July 10.
- Health Science knowledge and skills were demonstrated during the State Leadership Conference of HOSA-Future Health Professionals in Wisconsin Dells, April 15-17, 2018. There were a total of 68 chapters and 1,289 participants registered for this year's SLC. 2017-2018 conference dates are available on the Wisconsin HOSA webpage.
- Wisconsin Standards for Health Science Education is an on-line resource providing information about course and program planning in Wisconsin.
- Health Science Programming in Wisconsin was developed to assist school districts in providing health science classes for students. Options are given for program development and licensed teachers.
- National Consortium for Health Science Education
- Health Science Education Resources & Websites
- Starla's Creative Teaching Tips
- Health Careers Info Center
- Networking Organizations
- Teacher Licensing
- Anatomy in Clay
- Area Health Education Center (AHEC)