Health Science Education (HSE)
Health Science Education (HSE) prepares students for careers related to medicine, nursing, health science, and allied health programs. Students preparing for health careers or for teaching careers in health occupations can gain valuable career information and network with other professionals by participating in the HSE program. This program provides students technical skills, health care competencies, and opportunities to obtain the knowledge necessary to satisfy the requirements for entry-level health care jobs. HSE is dedicated to educating today's students for tomorrow's health care community.
Please complete this form anytime your contact information changes to remain active on our Health Science Educator and HOSA Chapter Advisor distribution lists. Completing this form will ensure you receive communications regarding HOSA and Health Science Education information and events.
What's New in Health Science Education
- Health Science educators are encouraged to consider an opportunity to expand access to high-quality, standards-aligned instructional materials available via the WISELearn Resources Library. CESA 5 is seeking WI teachers to curate resources (text, digital, and other instructional content) for this portal through June, 2020. As an added bonus, you can earn $50.00 per resource! Please see our flyer, and visit the CESA 5 webpage for project details and for more information. Let's work together to build a portal of Health Science resources to benefit students and support each other.
- The National Consortium for Health Science Education (NCHSE) has launched their new teachers association, Health Science Educators Association (HSEA). Membership offers MANY benefits and provides direct contact with those in the classroom to reinforce the use of the National Standards and offers professional development and classroom resources. To join, SCAN the QR code at the bottom right hand corner of the flyer and you will be routed to the registration site. The Association mission is to help classroom teachers with resources and serve as an avenue to communicate with teachers from across the world, sharing best practices and concerns.
- Health Science knowledge and skills were demonstrated during the State Leadership Conference of HOSA-Future Health Professionals in Wisconsin Dells, April 14-16, 2019. There were a total of 68 chapters and 847 participants registered for this year's SLC. 2019-2020 conference dates are available on the Wisconsin HOSA webpage.
- Wisconsin Standards for Health Science Education is an on-line resource providing information about course and program planning in Wisconsin.
- National Healthcare Foundation Standards and Accountability Criteria
- Health Science Education Resources & Websites
- Starla's Creative Teaching Tips
- Health Careers Info Center
- Networking Organizations
- Teacher Licensing
- Area Health Education Center (AHEC)