Health Science Education (HSE)
Health Science Education (HSE) prepares students for careers related to medicine, nursing, health science, and allied health programs. Students preparing for health careers or for teaching careers in health occupations can gain valuable career information and network with other professionals by participating in the HSE program. This program provides students technical skills, health care competencies, and opportunities to obtain the knowledge necessary to satisfy the requirements for entry-level health care jobs. HSE is dedicated to educating today's students for tomorrow's health care community.
Please complete this form anytime your contact information changes to remain active on our Health Science Educator and HOSA Chapter Advisor distribution lists. Completing this form will ensure you receive communications regarding HOSA and Health Science Education information and events.
What's New in Health Science Education
- Health Science educators are encouraged to consider an opportunity to expand access to high-quality, standards-aligned instructional materials available via the WISELearn Resources Library. Let's work together to build a portal of Health Science resources to benefit students and support each other.
- WI HOPE (Health Occupations Professional Educators) is now WI HSEA (Wisconsin Health Science Educators Association). The mission of the WI HSEA is to advance the growth and success of students in Wisconsin Health Sciences classes/programs by supporting classroom teachers with impactful resources and creating an avenue to communicate with teachers from across the state, sharing best practices. By forming partnerships with Wisconsin AHEC (Area Health Education Centers) and the National Consortium for Health Science Educators (NCHSE), WI HSEA has expanded the our opportunity to provide support, resources, networking, and professional development as well as a framework for future growth of the organization.
- All Wisconsin HOSA 2020-2021 programming will be held in a virtual format. State-level leadership conferences, special events and membership opportunities will be accessible through the Wisconsin HOSA website, virtual meeting platforms and social media engagements. For more information on changes to this year's programming, please visit the Wisconsin HOSA website.
- Wisconsin Standards for Health Science Education is an online resource providing information about course and program planning in Wisconsin.
- National Healthcare Foundation Standards and Accountability Criteria
- Health Science Education Resources & Websites
- Starla's Creative Teaching Tips
- Health Careers Info Center
- Networking Organizations
- Teacher Licensing
- Area Health Education Center (AHEC)