Take these steps to have your students participate in Health Science Cooperative Education State Skills Standards:
- Review Wisconsin Skill Standards for Health Science Occupations curriculum to see the competences required for certification. This is a great resource for any health science courses.
- Review Health Science Portfolio that will be completed as students progress through the program.
- Determine which students will participate and register them. Information on this process can be found on the Skills Certificate Program website. Second semester students must be registered by March 1.
- Evaluate student progress along the way.
- Once students have completed the competencies, complete the Evaluation step to register them as completers. This must be done by August 31. Students may use the summer to finish meeting the competencies if needed.
- Certificates may be downloaded to print and distribute to the students.
- 2019-2020 is the final year that the Health Science Cooperative Education State Skills Standards certificate is available in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Workbased Education
- Health Science Co-op (valid through 2019-2020 school year)
- Health Services Youth Apprenticeship
- Wisconsin's Skill Standards for Health Science Occupations
- Employability Skills
- Youth Leadership Skill Standards Certificate Program
For questions about this information, contact Erik Sitts (608) 267-2280