Regional Career Pathways
The Wisconsin Regional Career Pathways (RCP) approach is a statewide effort to deliver high-quality career pathways in high schools that reflect the needs and vision of a regional collaborative group of employers, education, and economic and workforce development.
The regional collaboratives adopt, implement, promote, and monitor high school career pathways in high-skill, in-demand industry sectors. They act as an advisory group, on behalf of regional districts, to identify and overcome barriers that prevent students in the region from accessing the pathway. An example of such a barrier may include college curriculum that is not aligned with the career pathway. In addition, the collaborative provides the means necessary for students to participate and complete a pathway by:
- Taking a sequence of aligned courses,
- Earning an industry-recognized credential,
- Enrolling in dual college credit classes,
- Participating in career-based and work-based learning experiences, and
- Accessing related Career and Technical Education (CTE) student organizations