ACP State Software
Wisconsin State Statute 115.28(59) requires that school districts be provided computer software to be used statewide to provide academic and career planning (ACP) services to pupils in grades 6 to 12. Since August 2019, Xello allows students to access a personal account provided by the school. Students can use this software to take career-related assessments, explore online career and college profiles, and get information about financial aid and employment.
Use Xello as a tool in your ACP service delivery plans.
- Wisconsin Xello Information Page
- Xello-ACP Scope and Sequence
- Training and resources for Wisconsin educators
- Xello webinars, videos, lessons, and more
- Xello Blog
- Xello Help at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 965-8541.
- Your Wisconsin Xello Team
Inspire refers to a set of features in the Xello platform that allow students and educators to connect directly with employers. Not all school districts have access to Inspire at this time. However, several regions in Wisconsin have elected to provide this valuable tool as a part of regional career readiness initiatives:
Inspire 7 Rivers:The Inspire 7 Rivers initiative links education and industry to help students and job seekers achieve their goals and address workforce development needs.
- Areas served: Currently serving school districts within Black River Falls, Holmen, Tomah, Hillsboro, and Blair-Taylor. Over the next three years, the program will expand to include school districts throughout the entire 7 Rivers region.
- Contact: Chris Hardie, email@example.com or reach out to Christy Tainter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Inspire Grow North: Inspire Grow North connects students and educators with local employers using the same ACP platform Wisconsin students are already using—Xello. Through Inspire, students will have seamless access to company profiles from over 1,700 companies around the state. In addition, CESA 9 and Inspire Grow North, as part of the Inspire Wisconsin Network, will help students and teachers coordinate in-person work-based learning experiences throughout the year to give students the hands-on work-based opportunities so vital to their futures.
- Area(s) served: CESA 9, its Inspire member school districts, Northcentral Wisconsin businesses, and organizational partners such as the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation, Grow North REDO, and regional industry advisory organizations.
- Contact: Brooke Holbrook, email@example.com
Inspire Madison: Inspire Madison Region brings together businesses, schools, community organizations and volunteers to create a vibrant workforce in the Greater Madison Region.
- Areas served: Columbia, Dane, Dodge, Green, Jefferson, Iowa, Rock and Sauk counties.
- Contact: Everett Mulroe, firstname.lastname@example.org, (608) 571-0409
The Inspire WI Network: The Inspire WI network was officially launched in 2021 when CESA 6, Inspire Sheboygan County, and Partners in Education in Rhinelander came together to utilize a consistent model and delivery for career-based learning for students and educators across each region. A centralized domain and streamlined request process is the foundation to provide a greater network to connect students and educators with industry partners.
- Areas served: In 2022, the Inspire WI Network grew to include districts in CESA 9 and now connects students to employers in Brown, Calumet, Columbia, Dodge, Fond du Lac, Green Lake, Langlade, Lincoln, Marathon, Manitowoc, Oneida, Outagamie, Ozaukee, Sheboygan, Taylor, Vilas, Washington and Winnebago counties.
- Contact: Candice Boutelle, email@example.com or (715) 572-2130
Inspire Northeast Wisconsin: Inspire Northeast Wisconsin brings industry and education together. An online career software program, Inspire Northeast Wisconsin impacts education and workforce development by allowing students located in the region to connect directly with local businesses as students progress in their academic and career planning.
- Areas served: CESA 8, its member school districts, Northeast Wisconsin businesses, and organizational partners such as the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation, NEW North Region, Oconto County Economic Development Corporation, Shawano Country Chamber of Commerce, Shawano County Economic Progress, Inc., and Shawano United Way
- Contact: Lynn Aprill firstname.lastname@example.org or (920) 855-2114, x 226
Interested in adding Inspire features through Xello? Please reach out to email@example.com to discuss next steps.