Please review the following trainings on school registration for the 2021-22 school year:
2021-22 School Registration
For general information on SNSP school requirements, schools are invited to review the SNSP school training. A summary of the requirements private schools must meet is below.
- Continuing schools are schools that are currently participating in the SNSP.
- New Schools are schools that are not currently participating in the SNSP.
1. Notice of Intent to Participate (ITP): Due by March 1, 2021
- New Schools: The link to the complete the Intent to Participate (ITP) is now closed.
- Continuing Schools: A link for the ITP will be emailed to the SNSP Administrator. This link was emailed on February 3, 2021. Please note that the 2021-22 ITP may be completed by the SNSP administrator, rather than the head of the governing board as previously required.
2. Special Education Profile: Due by March 1, 2021
- New Schools: Here is the link to complete the Special Education Profile for new schools.
- Continuing Schools: SNSP administrators received an email with a link to a survey on December 10, 2020. Continuing schools must use this survey to notify DPI whether the school’s profile is either: (a) the same as the previous year or (b) the school would like to make changes to its Special Education Profile.
3. If the expected SNSP scholarships in the ITP are $50,000 or more provide:
- Surety Bond: By the middle of April 2021, a prefilled surety bond form will be emailed to all schools that have expected SNSP scholarships in the ITP of $50,000 or more. The completed bond form is due by June 1, 2021. Schools cannot use their own bond form or the prior year bond form. They must use the 2021-22 prefilled surety bond form provided by the DPI.
- Meet Financial Requirements: This option requires that a 2021-22 DPI Budget & Cash Flow Report be submitted by March 1, 2021. The completed DPI Budget and Cash Flow Report and all required attachments must be loaded to Kiteworks for schools using this option. Schools must email email@example.com by February 22nd to request a SNSP budget folder in Kiteworks if they are using this option. If the school provided a 2019-20 financial audit to the DPI, the school's 2019-20 financial audit must meet certain minimum requirements to use this option.
4. Accreditation or Approved as a Private School by the State Superintendent:
- Accreditation Notice: Schools that are fully accredited must annually provide a notice, completed by the accrediting agency, indicating that all grades available for SNSP students are accredited. See the Accreditation Information Bulletin for information on the accreditation requirements. The accreditation notice is due by August 1, 2021. The accreditation notice may not be dated earlier than July 1, 2021.
- SNSP Private School Requirements Form: Schools that are not fully accredited for all grades available for SNSP students must be annually approved as a private school by the state superintendent. This approval requires the SNSP Private School Requirements form. The SNSP Private School Requirements Form is due by March 1, 2021.
5. Certificate of Occupancy or Letter for all new schools and certain continuing schools due by the following dates:
- New Schools= May 3, 2021
- Continuing Schools= Prior to the students being in the new location.
If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 1-888-245-2732 ext. 4.