2024-25 School Registration
- Continuing schools are schools that are currently participating in the SNSP.
Training for Schools New to SNSP: SNSP Overview and Registration Process
The Department held a virtual training on Wednesday, February 21, 2024 from 11:30 am to 4:00 pm for schools interested in joining the Special Needs Scholarship Program for the 2024-2025 school year. The training slides are available here.
This training is geared towards new SNSP schools and presents items that are unique to new SNSP schools. Trainings for all schools in the program will be provided this summer. On demand trainings on the registration requirements are available. See the next section for the links to these trainings.
On Demand Trainings & Virtual Q&A Sessions
School Registration On Demand Trainings:
- 2024-25 SNSP Registration Requirements Overview
- 2024-25 New Schools Intent to Participate
- 2024-25 Continuing SNSP Schools Intent to Participate
Virtual Q&A Sessions: The Department will hold two virtual question and answer sessions.
- Tuesday, February 27, 2024 from 10:00 am to 11:00 am. Join the session, or call in for audio only to: (608) 620-9781, Phone Conference ID: 649 425 071#
- Wednesday, February 28, 2024 from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm. Join the session, or call in for audio only to: (608) 620-9781, Phone Conference ID: 162 497 833#
There will be no prepared content for these Q&A sessions. Schools are welcome to come with any questions they have on the SNSP registration process.
Other Available Trainings:
For general information on SNSP school requirements, schools are invited to review the SNSP school training page. Please be aware that some training videos may be school year specific and may change for the 2024-25 school year.
Questions not answered by the above trainings?
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call
1. Notice of Intent to Participate (ITP): Due by March 1, 2024
The SNSP Intent to Participate (ITP) for the 2024-25 school year is available in the SNSP Portal. See the Intent to Participate Trainings in the On Demand Trainings & Virtual Q&A Session section above for information on how to access and complete the ITP in the SNSP Portal.
SNSP administrators for new SNSP schools should refer to the 2024-25 School Registration section above for information on how to gain access to the SNSP Portal.
2. Special Education Profile: Due by March 1, 2024
The Special Education profile is available in the SNSP Portal See the 2024-25 SNSP Registration Requirements Overview Training for information on how to access the profile in the SNSP Portal and information on what to include in the profile.
3. If the expected SNSP scholarships in the ITP are $50,000 or more, provide one of the following:
- Surety Bond: By the middle of April 2024, a prefilled surety bond form will be emailed to all schools that have expected SNSP scholarships in the ITP of $50,000 or more unless the school met the “meet financial requirements” option below. The completed bond form is due by June 3, 2024. Schools cannot use their own bond form or the prior year bond form. They must use the 2024-25 prefilled surety bond form DPI emails to the school mid-April 2024.
Meet Financial Requirements: This option requires that a 2024-25 DPI Budget & Cash Flow Report must be submitted by March 1, 2024. The completed DPI Budget and Cash Flow Report and all required attachments must be loaded to Kiteworks for schools using this option. Schools must email email@example.com by February 21st to request a SNSP budget folder in Kiteworks if they are using this option. If the school provided a 2022-23 financial audit to the DPI, the school's 2022-23 financial audit must meet certain minimum requirements to use this option. The 2024-25 SNSP Registration Requirements Overview includes information on these requirements.
4. Accreditation or Approved as a Private School by the State Superintendent:
- Accreditation Notice: Schools that are fully accredited must annually provide a notice, completed by the accrediting agency, indicating that all grades available for SNSP students are accredited. See the Accreditation Information Bulletin for information on the accreditation requirements. The accreditation notice is due by August 1, 2024. The accreditation notice may not be dated earlier than July 1, 2024.
- SNSP Private School Requirements Form: Schools that are not fully accredited for all grades available for SNSP students must be annually approved as a private school by the state superintendent. This approval requires that the school submit the SNSP Private School Requirements Form. Schools must email firstname.lastname@example.org by February 21st to request a SNSP Private School Requirements folder in Kiteworks if they are using this option. The SNSP Private School Requirements Form is due by March 1, 2024.
5. Certificate of Occupancy or Letter for all new schools and certain continuing schools due by the following dates:
- New Schools = May 1, 2024
- Continuing Schools = Prior to the students being in the new location.
6. Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) Letter from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) – New SNSP Schools Only
Schools new to the SNSP should provide the FEIN letter from the IRS to the DPI by April 1, 2024. The information on this letter is required in order for the new school to be set up to receive SNSP payments from the DPI and for schools choosing the surety bond option.
The school's FEIN letter from the IRS should be emailed to email@example.com. If the school is not able to locate its FEIN letter, the school should request the letter from the IRS by calling 800-829-4933. Please note a letter indicating the school is a 501(c)3 and exempt from taxes is not sufficient to meet this requirement. If you are having problems obtaining your FEIN Letter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information on this requirement, including samples of what the letter will look like, review the 2024-25 New SNSP Schools Intent to Participate Training.
If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com or call toll free 1-888-245-2732 ext. 4.